3. Carnival Miracle
Nine years ago was my very first cruise was on the Miracle when it sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale. I actually preferred the Miracle ship compared to the Dream that I was on last. However, after being on it twice and it rolling back and forth I have to say the larger Dream was much more stable in the water. Things have changed for Carnival cruises. If you are a 20 something looking to party and know the latest club music then this is the place for you. The theater show consisted of some dancers lip singing and some other no worth your time shows. 9 years ago, the Broad Way acts in the theater were first class! I honestly believe they set the time for dinners to dissuade people from going to the Theater. We had the late seating 8:15. Shows started at 7:30 and 9:30. Previously they always timed the shows so you could attend one show in the theater each evening. Now if you are into Comedy acts they are bringing in some big hitters. However, they are only two 30-minute shows. The formal dining room food has gone downhill. Who ever heard of Au Jus being brown gravy? The staff was professional as usual. Nevertheless, the food quality including in the steak house has gone down from 5 stars to about 3 stars if that. We usually go in a group of 40 to early 50 year olds whom like to have a decent time. When you say you are having 80's Night and only thirty minutes of 80's music is played in the dance club then we have a problem. Previous cruise on the Dream was kind of the same. They advertised 80's Night but it was only 80's Motown music. DJ refused to play anything else. Summary, If you like the newest and greatest that’s being played in the dance clubs then you will love Carnival. Overall – From my first Carnival Cruise (9 years ago) to last weeks. I am disappointed. Time to try another cruise line.

9 Year Later Same Ship