Just love Oceana! Such a friendly ship, easy to get around. Yes she is looking a little tired in places but is going in for a refit at the end of this month. Just hope they don't change her too much. She has a beautiful atrium and has an ease of flow. This was my second time on Oceana and after sailing on Britannia in September (which I also love for different reasons) I thought maybe I would not like her so much. Embarkation at Southampton was quick and efficient and on board and having lunch by 12.30pm. Cases outside my cabin when I arrived at 1.30pm.Service throughout the cruise was excellent - crew friendly and helpful. it was good to see the Captain Chris Bourne and the officers around the ship liaising with passengers. The entertainment was excellent. The Headliners doing their usual routines, the Blue Jays who were fantastic, soprano saxophonist Julien Smith amazing and comedian and serious speaker John Martin also very good. I also went to dance classes run by instructors Ron & Pat Cato and to line dancing expertly run by 2 of the dancers from Headliners. The cruise took in Spain and Portugal. My excursion in La Coruna was cancelled through lack of numbers but a long walk to the lighthouse in the sun made up for that. In Cadiz I went to Jerez to see the Spanish Riding School - amazing! Did my own thing in the lovely city of Malaga, got soaked in Gibraltar and had a ride on the historic tram in Lisbon. Dining - food was good plenty of choice. Had breakfast & lunch chiefly in Café Jardin and dinner in the Ligurian restaurant on freedom dining. Only went to the buffet twice to get a scone for afternoon tea. My lower score for value for money is only because I am a solo passenger and therefore pay nearly double - but that is my choice. Overall a super cruise - can't wait to go back on Oceana next year out of Malta.

Friendly ship - could still be my Favourite P&O ship!

Oceana Cruise Review by Minnis

• Sail Date: October 2017
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom with Shower

Minnis’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Oceana price drops

Balcony Stateroom with Shower
Cabin JA B712
Cabin was perfectly adequate especially for one - lots of room and hanging space for clothes. Plenty of hangers. Does look dated - especially after Britannia but clean and well looked after by cabin steward Aben. Shower room small but perfectly ok - plenty of hot water. TV small and navigation maps impossible to read! Balcony had 2 recliner chairs and a small table but didn't use it much as so busy doing other things!
  Oceana Deck Plans