3. Sea Princess
I'm a great fan of Princess Cruises and booked because of the 12 Night Cruise from Fremantle to Singapore via Bali, 3 Malaysian ports and Phuket in Thailand. It'd only been about 6 weeks since I had been on Sea Princess. The Asian cruise was great. The ports were interesting. The weather stayed amazing and the cruise was everything pretty much I expected. Just wonderful (mostly). I took most of my meals at the Horizon Court and everything I had there was terrific. I tried Cafe Corniche for lunch once (2 out of 10) and Traviata for Dinner once (5 out of 10). My travel agent kindly gave me a voucher for Sterling Steak House. (2 out of 10) The Maitre 'd that night after we left Langkawi seemed indifferent and distracted. I had booked for one (days before) wanted a table for one, had a voucher for one and was then quizzed why I was alone. I was then seated at a table set for two with the other place set left where it was. Waiters were nice but it took 3 asks for the wine list and then forever for the wine to arrive and longer to have my food order taken (at 6pm when the restaurant was almost empty). Seems everyone thought someone else was going to join me. Did I miss something ? 35 minutes or so into the wait the assistant waiter arrived with the bread basket and said "Welcome to Sterling Steak House". Nice to be greeted finally, a nice young chap. He should have been the Maitre 'd. Food was very disappointing. Medium (ordered) filet mignon was like Rhino hide. The starter and dessert bland and boring. I had to ask for water glass top-ups. I'm glad I didn't pay for it. The 2nd place setting was finally removed as I sawed through the steak (I left most of it). If this is Specialty Dining I'd rather go back through the flimsy curtain to the Horizon Court where the steaks are MUCH better. But none of that hasn't dampened my enthusiasm for Princess Cruises and I look forward to seeing what they have done with the lovely Sea Princess during that dry-dock. I have two future cruise deposits in place.......its just now when and where ?

The Grande Dame just before a face lift.

Sea Princess Cruise Review by ChesterLocksley

• Sail Date: October 2017
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview

It'd only been about 6 weeks since I had been on Sea Princess.

I have two future cruise deposits in place.......its just now when and where ?
ChesterLocksley’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sea Princess price drops

Oceanview
Cabin OE C210
My cabin was very comfortable but the decor is getting a bit old and tired now. Time Princess for a bit of an upgrade/refresh and modernization perhaps ?. Sea Princess was actually going in for a 2 week dry-dock directly after we were to disembark in Singapore but I don't think any of that was for the "normal" cabins.
The Cabin Steward was great.

Sadly the cabin was 2 doors away from the storage locker where they kept all those dreadful paintings and prints they try and sell on board. Everyday sea day (at least) there was a loud clatter of trolleys and noisy conversation as this "artwork" being loaded into and out of the storage locker - always about nap time funnily enough. This was the ONLY thing that rattled my otherwise restful cabin experience.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins