3. Norwegian Getaway
Having previously been on the Breakaway, the layout of the Getaway was familiar. Overall, we enjoyed the entertainment very much. We especially enjoyed The Million Dollar Quartet, Cirque, Wine Lovers, the Musical and Howl at the Moon. Burn the Floor was good as well. We weren't thrilled with the comedy show we saw. As I mentioned we had been on the Breakaway previously. The complaint I had with that ship is that the seats in the theater are uncomfortable. There is a bar that is at the back of the seat that makes it hard to sit all the way back in the seat. It is the same on the Getaway. The food was awesome although I did feel that the service was a little slow in the main dining rooms. We had 3 specialty dining means and we ate in La Cucina and Moderno. We used our third specialty dining for Cirque. The staff was attentive and anything we asked for was given to us quickly. We never saw our room steward but the room was always clean and taken care of. The cruise director, Andre was awesome...very energetic and friendly! I enjoyed all the shore excursions, but my favorite was the Mexican Cuisine cooking experience in Cozumel.Lots of fun and different than other excursions. There was a beach component to this excursion but it started to rain so that was cancelled. Maya Caye was very pretty but you had to pay for any food and drinks you wanted. We rented a clamshell and we were happy because it was extremely sunny that day. We also took a Segway tour in Costa Maya.It was fun, but we only made one stop at the lighthouse and then were taken through a touristy area with lots of shops. Part of this experience was some time on the beach. We opted out of that since it was very hot and my husband had enough of the sun. The other excursion was Maya Key (very nice...lunch included) in Roatan. Originally we were not planning on paying for the spa as we had done on the Breakaway because we were traveling in warm weather but at the last minute we decided to because we had heard that it might rain. . Ultimately it was a good decision for us. We used it when we came back on board in Cozumel after our excursion ended due to rain as well as a few other times. Overall, we had a really good time and are looking forward to more cruises on NCL and specifically The Getaway!

Awesome trip!

shelnj18’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Inside Stateroom
Cabin IX 5617
Small cabin....closet adequate but no drawer space for items.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins