3. Caribbean Princess
This was our 12th cruise and first time on princess. As the old saying goes you can only make a first impression once. Well they did, and it was terrible. Cabin: We had a balcony cabin which pretty small but the worse thing was the shower. I am 5ft 10 and and average build, and I barely fit in the shower, I felt sorry for people who were on the large side. Food: We did anytime dining for the first time, which was a good experience because you sat at a different table each night and with different passengers. The food was never served hot. We would get it warm or on a hot plate to keep "hot". Service was very slow I think it might have been the galley, because this wait staff were very professional, courteous, and did the best they could. The buffet food also for the most part was warm. The only food that was hot was when you went to the omelet station. Formal night majority of people were dressed tuxedo, suits, sports jackets, however they let some people in with shorts, jeans, no jackets. I questioned it and was told we cannot turn them away. Then my question is why have a formal night? There were no trash cans on the ship in the common areas. If you had an ice cream and the cone came in with a napkin around or cup and when finished there was no place to throw it away. Crew: The personnel in the buffet area many seemed unhappy and it was like an effort for them to get them to clean off a table. Personnel in the casino and eating areas some of the supervisors were dressed just like the passengers and if you could see the pin they were wearing then you knew they could help you. Entertainment: 2 nights entertainment the light opera and the tribute to Whitney Houston was outstanding. The other shows were horrible. The ship leaving Gran Cayman about 20 miles off shore lost all power and propulsion and we drifted for about 30 minutes. This ship has a reputation of having engine problems and it appears the problem has not been addressed. I believed this is why the ships itinerary had been changed. Excursions: Panama Canal dome train was good except too long. There was no reason to stop along the way back to the ship to stop for 45 minutes for shopping. Banana plantation train waste of money. train has no A/C just open windows and each time we stopped to see an animal in the rain forest the mosquitoes came out. They should have had us bring insect repellent or supplied some.

Horrible cruise

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by nish295

nish295’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB B255
Biggest complaint about the cabin was the shower. It was so small that I who is 5'10" and has a 38 waist barely fit in the shower. I don't see how anyone who were much larger than I fit in the shower or if they were over 6 ft. tall.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins