3. Norwegian Sun
I had always wanted to cruise through the Panama Canal. And what a wonderful experience it was! The ship was beautiful. I appreciated the attention to cleanliness. The meals were first rate. We were three adults in two cabins. There was a snafu with the computers which left us waiting to board for a couple of hours. We purchased only two shore excursions: ”Acapulco City with Cliff Divers” and “Los Angeles Tour with Farmers Market.” The Acapulco Tour was wonderful. Our guides were Caesar and Eduardo(?). They loved their city and loved telling us about it. They encouraged us to return. They were loaded with information and history. When we arrived in LA and boarded the tour bus our guide Chris’ first statement was “I am here to tell you some lies about Los Angeles. If you knew the truth you wouldn’t be here.” This continued for several hours. Nearly every story was negative—government workers sleeping on the job, lynchings, red-lined neighborhoods, over-priced housing and lack of respect for history. Wow, I was exhausted by the time we got to the airport and glad to get off the bus. This tour company needs a more positive tour guide!

Panama Canal