3. Freedom of the Seas
We chose this cruise because it best fit our timeline and budget. The worst day of the cruise was embarkation day as we were next in line and the security checkpoint was shutdown for 2 hours. I would have been easier to deal with, however all waiting passengers were sent back outside to stand for 2 hours while to breach was figured out. there seemed to be no procedure in place for this except for send everybody to the parking lot. After the checkpoint was reopened, there was no way to organize who was in line and there was a mad dash by some. We arrived at the port at 1230 pm but did not board until 430 pm. We were one of the last people on the ship. Our cabin review can be found below. The dining in the Main dining room left much to be desired. The food was of a lower quality than expected and the service, was extremely slow. An average night in the main dining room lasted around 2 hours. I don't want to put the blame on any specific department. Though when i was asked about my evening from the floor manager, I could see in his face he was upset that I did not enjoy the evening and he made a bee line for the kitchen. The entertainment on board was awesome, and the piano player in the Schooner bar gets special props. The ships layout was easy to navigate, however, easy to forget where you were. The inside of the ship revolved around the main promenade, so this made passage easy, but sacrificed on space. An example would be the schooner bar as well as other meeting places. These areas looked as though they had been divided in half then used as a passageway. Most quieter lounges only had three walls with the fourth being a passageway, so it ended up being loud with constant foot traffic. Other than the MDN. The service on board was as good as can be expected and the crew friendliness was amazing. I met many crew members while walking along deck 4 and had many great conversations. The port visits was as expected, though a few more hours would have been great. We only had an hour to shop in Grand Cayman. The excursions in Costa Maya, and Cozumel had us arriving at the ship just 30 before departure. Disembarkation was fast. They called our number on time and we were off, through customs, and waiting for the shuttle in 15 min.

Freedom of the Seas Good....and Bad

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by markfive29

markfive29’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas price drops

I would consider the cabin average. The bed was arranged as a king, because of this there was about a foot of space on each side next to the wall. Also, this does not leave any room at the foot of the bed between the couch or desk to go around so you will have to crawl into bed from the foot of the bed. A deluxe drink package makes this much easier. Our cabin had a lump in the floor that went across from the desk to the couch and was tripped on several times. As for the bathroom, the only issue was that there was a drain in the wall behind the toilet to allow water to drain from the bathroom floor. This however also let water go from the shower into the bathroom floor if the ship was at all listing. We found this out the hard way the first night. FYI there are only 2 outlets in the room. We did find that the shaver outlet in the bathroom could be used to charge phones. Other than these small issues, the room was an average inside room.
  Freedom of the Seas Deck Plans

• ATV Adventure
    This tour was great!! The guides were very friendly, funny, and helpful. The atv's were a little run down, but expected for such high use. They stated by separating the riders by experience. I was up in the first group of experienced rider and my DW was in the back with the beginners. Up front we got to ride at our skill level fast, rough, and dirty. Started out somewhat flat and ended with a high speed run down the highway. Such a blast. Rocks, mud, deep water, and drifiting slides. I had a blast! My DW wishes we would have been up front with me as she was very comfortable with handling the vehicles. WooHoo! The day ended at the beach resort with loungers in the sun and shade, swings at the bar, showers, and open bar. The buffet was extra and expensive but after that day we were starving. The even have a free jet boat ride that will knock your socks off. WOW! Would do again, just take an earlier bus back to get some shopping in.
    View All 54 ATV Adventure Reviews
  • Cozumel
    This all inclusive park was great. Just make sure you are prepared to travel as in lies on the mainland and is a 45 min. ferry each way. The ferries are air conditioned and comfortable. with bathrooms. They move a lot so if you are prone to sea sickness beware! They actually pass out seasick bags at the start. As for the park it was awesome and to much to describe hear. There were almost no lines and all the food and drinks included. Check out the Xplor park website and it is not exaggerating.
    View All 13,216 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
    embarkation was horrible, debarking was qucik and easy.
    View All 1,930 Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Review
  • Stingray Swim
    This is more a hit on the company that ran the excursion than the excursion itself. The company that ran the trip, Resort Sports LTD, was very unprofessional and rude. The boat we got on was old a rundown. The used a rigged speaker to talk to the guests. As we found out later, you can not hear the if you sit near the bow. Upon arriving at the sandbar, we were forced to sit on the boat boat for an extra 30-45 mins as the tour operators ran over another boats lines and almost hit another tour guest in the water with an anchor. Then the other boat capatins were yelling at our crew. We then had to reposition the boat 3 times before we were allowed to get off. They only brought 2 hand fulls of squid for 40 people to feed the stingrays. They were more focused on making sure we took pictures to buy later. When we left for the reef snorkel my wife asked for new swim fin because hers were too small, she was greeted with disgust and irritation. The female guide then tossed the fins at her a said "these will fit". I made a formal complaint through RCI to make sure they knew of the issues. This company (Resort Sports LTD) does not like tourists at all. The tour would have been great, just make sure its not with this company.
    View All 727 Stingray Swim Reviews