• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Vision of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
4 Awards

It's a smallish ship - better for a short trip

Review for Vision of the Seas to the Caribbean
henryblue
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Oct 2017
Cabin: Large Ocean View Stateroom

I can't resist a good deal on a cruise and since we thought the Allure of the Seas was a bit too large I thought that a 14 day repositioning cruise on the Vision would be a great choice. And overall, it was a very good cruise- the ship is older but in good condition and as always the RCI crew were wonderful. There were a lot of upper tier RCI cruisers ( i.e. pinnacle ) and this was the first cruise where "status" was so in your face. I get it, I was platinum on good old Northwest ( Delta) when I traveled a lot for my job and enjoyed all the first class upgrades, and certainly repeat customers should be rewarded, it was just so overt on this cruise- maybe because it was a small ship filled with mostly retirees who could take a 14 day cruise. I think out of the 1900 people on board at least 1600 had some level of status ( we are lowly Gold ourselves).

Cabin:

When I booked the best cabin available was a sea view 3rd floor aft. What I didn't realize was that it was directly under the main kitchen and there was a lot of activity at night even at 2am. Guest services was very accommodating and moved us to another cabin on the same floor which was much quieter so that worked out. It was a bit of a disappointment that the bed is located directly under the window so when you are sitting on the couch you kind of have to look over the bed to see out the window, but we could have requested the beds be separated which would have opened it up a bit.

Large Ocean View Stateroom