3. Oosterdam
We always wanted to see the Panama Canal, and it was amazing considering it was built so many years ago, and there are few changes. However, the ports left much to be desired. Most were industrial so you had to take a shuttle bus, or walk a distance to get out of the industrial area. I walked into Nicaragua and walked three blocks and returned to the ship. It is dirty port with more street vendors then you can imagine. Cartagena is all grown up, but very crowded. The ship is tired..but clean, and the housekeeping service is wonderful. They kept it clean, and were available for all needs. The food is only average. Canaletto has some of the most gregarious staff, and the food was good. We did not go to Pinnacle this time as we have done it other times, and it is good, but over priced in my opinion. They have a hamburger/hot dog bar that is great with the best french fries! The food in the dining room was good, and the staff was excellent. A wine steward made wonderful origami for me after each meal. Would I take a trip again with this many days at sea? No, but I am a sightseer. We did enjoy our trip from Boston to Montreal, and the Alaska cruise.

Nice ship, but not great ports

Oosterdam Cruise Review by Complsv

Complsv’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Oosterdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VA 5058
A good cabin in the middle of the ship...picked specifically as there is just gently movement when the seas are moving.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins