3. Carnival Inspiration
We were going to do the 7 day cruise on the Miracle, but right before booking we heard that the State Dept. had issued travel warnings for Cabo, etc...so we settled for the 4 day to Ensenada. Embarking was not bad...disembarking seemed a little difficult and time consuming. We were told to leave our luggage outside of our rooms by 11 pm the night before...kind of hard to decide what to leave out for the next morning, etc...it didn't help that our cabin steward was in our room by 7 am...we had gone to eat breakfast and came back to the room, wanting to stay in the room until 8:30...since he had already started cleaning we felt uneasy and went back to the buffet area with a few heavy bags and finally got called to stand in a very long line about 1045. Our last cruise was about 10 years ago on Royal Caribbean...The entire cruise we were comparing this one to the RC cruise. I didn't like this ship...it felt "compartmentalized" for lack of a better word...kind of like a maze...it didn't feel wide open...its like you would go to one floor, step out of the elevator, and you'd be in an area that wasn't recognizable from anywhere else on the ship...does that make sense...lol. It seems like the ship is like a house with a lot of rooms, but no wide open spaces. Entertainment was okay, but confusing...again, it seemed like we always knew what was going on at what time with RC...but on this cruise its almost like you are on your own, its up to you to try to figure out what's what and when. The cabin was decent...nothing special, just a small clean room...nowhere to put your clothes really...no drawers...I ended up putting my clothes in small desk drawers...my wife wanted to keep her stuff in her suitcase. The one thing that bugged us is that the TV was up in the corner where if we wanted to lay in bed and watch TV we had to put the pillows at the foot of the bed...it was awkward. The food was decent, but just the basics...nothing special, no wow factor...just real basic. Limited selections in the buffet...more like cafeteria food. The dining room wasn't much better. The Captains dinner was kind of a joke...half of the people that night were dressed casual...I'm sitting there in a suit and tie next to people who look like they're at Chili's. The best food on the ship was Guy Fieri's burger joint. That place saved me. Best burgers I think I've ever eaten. The décor of the ship looks dated and kind of run down...you occasionally find something that needs paint or repair...kind of ghetto-ish. The glass elevators were non operational...looks bad and inappropriate. The crew were all very nice and polite...no issues there. Bottom line...this is a basic, no frills cruise with all of the basics and absolutely no wow factor. I didn't like the layout of the ship...the food overall is disappointing...but it does seem that they really try hard to make it a nice experience. At the top of this review I struggled between 3 and 4 stars...3.5 would be more appropriate. On my next 3 or 4 day cruise I hope to try a Princess cruise.

Decent Value Cruise

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Sirbeigealot

• Sail Date: November 2017
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

The crew were all very nice and polite...no issues there.

Sirbeigealot’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6C M169
Just a basic small cabin...tight quarters...no drawers for clothes...good shower...TV hard to watch from bed...average, nothing spectacular
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins