3. Norwegian Epic
We chose a European cruise as a way of seeing this part of the world for the first time. This was our second cruise, our first with Norwegian. Embarkation and disembarkation was very easy and better than our experience cruising with Carnival. The ship was clean and well maintained. It was modern as well. We were on the 13th floor on the very back of the boat with a balcony room. Our room was very nice, and I'd highly recommend spending the little bit extra for a room with a balcony. The views were amazing. We found favorite bartenders - Nestor, Norman, and Vladamir. They made excellent drinks the entire cruise, came to know us by name and what we liked to drink, and were overall friendly. The bartenders at the Wave bar by the pool did not make good drinks and lacked any kind of personality. This was disappointing since the pool area is usually the "party" area. The buffet and restaurant food was good. Although, we were disappointed in the restaurant breakfast. We received a couples massage which was fantastic but did not utilize any of the spa amenities so I can't comment on those. The onboard activities were better than those on Carnival and kept us entertained. Shopping was limited. Our excursions weren't great, and the days were long but they were still worth doing for the chance to see some historical sites. We'd greatly recommend Pompeii and Flavors of Sorrento. Overall, we would not choose to do this type of cruise again, it was a little more hectic than it was relaxing, and will probably continue trying new cruise lines to find one to fit our needs.

Nice ship, good staff, okay sites

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by 5674ccam

• Sail Date: October 2017
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Aft-Facing Balcony
5674ccam’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Aft-Facing Balcony
Cabin B1 13287
We were on the 13th floor on the very back of the boat with a balcony room. Our room was very nice, and I'd highly recommend spending the little bit extra for a room with a balcony. The views were amazing. Housekeeping kept our room tidy the entire trip. I felt the room was spacious all things considered.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Nice & Eze
    Good tour, beautiful views.
    View All 29 Nice & Eze Reviews
  • Pompeii Walking Tour
    Pompeii was our favorite excursion. It is well preserved and really feels like a step back in time. We also toured a local farm in Sorrento and had the opportunity to taste fresh food. The farm tour was very interesting, the people were warm and welcoming, and the food was amazing. Our tour guide Enzo was also excellent! Highly recommend.
    View All 466 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews
  • Palma de Mallorca (Majorca)
    Nothing special about this tour, we tried to cancel it but were too late. I would probably just do something on my own if I had the opportunity to do it again.
    View All 13,190 Palma de Mallorca (Majorca) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Palma de Mallorca (Majorca) Cruise Port Review
  • St. Peter's Square
    I would not recommend this tour. Our tour guide, Giuseppe I think was his name, was not good. He mumbled the entire tour so you couldn't understand anything he was explaining and he did not wait for the group especially in crowds. My husband and I ended up running through the streets trying to catch back up with the guide after getting pushed behind due to the crowds when we realized our guide was 1/4 of a mile away from us. And we weren't the only ones to feel this way. When we asked the guide to slow down and be more attentive to the group, he told us to keep up better. Not the answer any of us wanted to hear. The colosseum was too crowded to enjoy in my opinion as was trevi fountain. St. Peter's square was nice to see. All in all I would not recommend this tour, and if you do go on it, plan for crowds and a lot of walking.
    View All 80 St. Peter's Square Reviews