3. Avalon Affinity
We wanted a small ship cruising through Provence. We got that and more. Every town we visited was interesting. I thought that there might be too much repetition but in fact each town had its own unique story to tell. Of course I knew that Rome had conquered Gaul didn't think about the extent of their settlements. The Coliseum and forum in Arles were well worth the visit. Avignon was larger than I had imagined. We had an excellent outdoor meal there opposite the Hôtel de Ville. The local guides were very informative. Our cabin was just the right size. The food on board was excellent and interesting . Our fellow guests were all very nice and only a few from the US so we got an interesting perspective of how we are viewed by people from the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. We enjoyed it so much now looking for a cruise from Austria or Switzerland West to the Netherlands.

First time on a canal cruise. Everything about it was great.

Avalon Affinity Cruise Review by Bob Mitchell

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony
We wanted a small ship cruising through Provence. We got that and more.

Bob Mitchell’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Affinity price drops

Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin P
We're sailors and live in a condo so small spaces are not offputting. The French balcony made the room seem larger. Storage for our suitcases and clothes was excellent. Closet space was adequate. The bathroom was fine. It was very clean. It was on the upper deck which I would recommend.
Royal Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins