3. Norwegian Sun
My choices were limited to NCL or Princess. Since I have sailed on NCL previously, I chose it for the panama canal. Overall I was disappointed with the service, entertainment, and food Shore excursions in all ports (except cabo san lucas) included a long bus ride with fair guides. Would not revisit Cartagena or (especially) Nicaragua. Enjoyed Acapulco and Costa Rica. Not sure why but the food quality was much lower than previous NCL cruises. (Cost savings?). Additionally, there were few choices for diabetics to avoid high carbs. Overall the wait staff was slow and the cooks seemed inexperienced. I had to send several meals back to the kitchen. Getting water or drink refills was painstakingly slow. Cabin stewarts were friendly but also very slow to complete cleaning and turndown service. I had to ask for room cleaning at least half the time. The in house entertainers (singers/dancers) were terrible. Out of sync and poor voices. I stopped going to the "variety" shows after the first night. Guest entertainers were better: Magician, Hypnotist, Ventriloquist. I believe this will be my last NCL cruise.

Panama Canal

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by airboss1

I believe this will be my last NCL cruise.
airboss1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 9029
The cabin was spacious and comfortable.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins