3. Emerald Sky
We picked this cruise from three other possibilities as we liked the itinerary and the option to have free time to do our own thing. The passengers were mainly 60 plus and my husband and I are 51 and 48. The passengers were a pleasant mix of mainly American, Canadian and Australian. From my observation everyone was very friendly and mingled well. Everything went very smoothly from airport pickup to airport departure. We had one minor hiccup with our baggage being misplaced at the end of our tour at the hotel and this was sorted quickly with very minimal fuss. Our cruise director Patricia was excellent. Nothing was ever too much trouble and made sure everything ran smoothly. The dining was spot on. Buffet breakfasts and lunch and five course sit down dinners with endless wine. Special thanks to Eldar (Eddie) and his offsider (I'm so sorry can't remember your name) they were always very attentive, polite and great fun. Our cabin was always very well maintained by Aulia who was friendly and always greeted us by name with a smile. The ports and shore excursions were well thought out. A map with clearly marked points of interest were always handed out with a complimentary bottle of water. We did an optional tour to Rothenburg and special thanks to Renee (Renate) as she organised a tasting tour as we walked through the main street. This was for me a real highlight to try foods from the local businesses. A great touch. All in all we had a great cruising experience. We have cruised before on the ocean but this was our first river cruise experience and would absolutely do another.

Fantastic Cruise - Highly Recommend

Emerald Sky Cruise Review by PKMETravels

PKMETravels’s Full Rating Summary

Cabin A203
Our cabin was well appointed with plenty of clever built in storage and suitcase storage under the bed. The bathroom was compact but nevertheless very adequate. Shower had great pressure. Would recommend the "Balcony Suite" room as it had a drop down window and gave a great view and a feeling of spaciousness. Bed was comfy and a decent size. A selection of inhouse movies and tv were great after a long day and a big dinner.