3. MSC Divina
I only went on this cruise as part of a Singles Meetup group with 94 passengers going. Went to the Special Needs counter in the embarkation area of the terminal at the Port of Miami. Submitted my forms and received my ID card. Was never told to go to the Reception Desk on Deck 5 on board to insert my ID card into a card reader to give them my credit card details. I did not find this out until the end of the cruise when I got my invoice under my cabin door on disembarkation morning showing a cash payment due! This is the first I have ever heard of this procedure from MSC. All my other cruises asked for my credit card details at the embarkation counter before heading onto the ship. I immediately go check out my cabin on Deck 13. First impression was "Wow, this is a small cabin with a small balcony!" The cabin was only 148 square feet, which is quite small for a balcony cabin. The balcony was like 3 X 6! Good thing I booked this cabin as a single occupancy cabin at the 180% rate, because there is no way that two people could stay comfortably in this size cabin. I took up all the drawers. The drawers were so tiny that I had to roll my folded shirts up in order to get them in there! I then proceeded to the buffet on Deck 14. I put several entrees onto my plate. Tried one entree and it was practically cold. Tried the second one and that was cold, too. Must have tried at least six different entrees and they were all cold. Did not get my checked luggage into my cabin until 5:30pm for a 7:00pm sailing time when I boarded the ship at 1:45pm. Went to the Pantheon Theater first, then the second seating dinner with my Meetup group. Upon returning to my cabin that night my sheets were not turned down! Since I had paid the single occupancy rate at 180%, I got a $50.00 shipboard credit, but only 12 drink vouchers, since I had the Fantastica category cabin. I complained to the Reception Desk on the second day that I should have received 24 drink vouchers and not 12 because I had paid the single occupancy rate at 180%, which is like paying for two people. The lady said I paid for one person and would not give me the other 12 drink vouchers, even though she could see in the system that I got a $50.00 shipboard credit per cabin based on two paying passengers. I had also complained that my sheets were not turned down the first night and that I did see my cabin steward the following morning and that he was so overwhelmed and was sorry about it. I did not see either a water boy or a bus boy for our table in the main dining room. I had to ask for refills of water several times throughout the night. I asked for ice for my water and was given a soup bowl full of ice for the table. Everything was served lukewarm and tasted bland and dry. One night I ordered steak to be cooked medium. It came well done. Sent it back and it came in rare the second and third times. The fourth time it came medium! The bread rolls were soft, no hard crust and nothing impressive and the same rolls for seven nights. Every day at the buffet the food was served cold. Even a whole veal roast that just came out of the oven was cold and I asked the carver why and he checked the oven and said the temperature was turned off. Most of the desserts were the same every day during the cruise. All five whirlpools on the ship were not 37C or 98 degrees F! It was lukewarm and the pool attendant said it was because of the wind. Seriously? One side of the casino was for smoking and also one side of the Garden Pool on Deck 15 was for smoking as well. I found out from the Reception Desk that 50% of the passengers on this cruise were Americans and the other 50% came from 57 different countries. There were also about 300 children on board this Halloween cruise. I guess the parents took these children out of school to go on this cruise. The dining room menus were in multiple languages. The elevators had no directories posted inside to show where the different public rooms were and on which deck it was located on. The only good things that I could say about this ship was that the Divina was a beautiful ship and also that the shows in the Pantheon Theater were great. They were full production style shows every night with talented singers and dancers. However, there were some Italian songs sung opera style. There were no special effects during these shows and no real "wow" factor like the way Royal Caribbean puts on a show. Overall, this is really a European cruise line that does not really cater to the American market. None of the cruise staff really went out of their way to please and pamper their passengers. If you are looking for gourmet food, not "diner quality" food and exceptional service, go with either Princess or Celebrity Cruises.

Western Caribbean Halloween cruise

garykilb’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Aurea Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B3 13170
Cabin was very small at 148 square feet. Balcony was very tiny as well. No room to walk around. No way two people can walk around the bed at the same time. There is no sofa and no table in the room. Very limited storage space.
Cupido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins