3. Carnival Splendor
First the cruise was suppose to be eastern Caribbean, they changed it to Western Caribbean because of Hurricane Maria and the damage to Puerto Rico. So they sailed us right into Topical Storm Philippe. One day without rain, Belize a real third world dump from what I saw. The weather was so bad we could not debark in Grand Cayman because of rough seas. We tried to get out even with the hard rain and as such my wife and I got so sick I spent Friday and Saturday in the medical center getting IV antibiotics. On-board shows were good and most of the food was better than expected. On the first day at sea brunch was scheduled until 1pm. At 11am brunch was gone. this was a common problem that the buffets did not follow the printed schedule. I would expect Carnival would plan for these problems with an alternative route or postpone sailing rather than sail into a tropical storm. So much for the cruise to HELL.

The Cruise to Hell