3. Azamara Quest
It was our 25th wedding anniversary so we decided to splurge the kids inheritance and book this cruise. We've cruised with Celebrity, NCL, Royal Caribbean and dare I mention Costa. We are at an age now where we want a cruise that's more adult focussed and higher end. Azamara certainly delivered on both. Embarkation was a breeze in Venice after an overnight stay. Made our way to Mosaic Cafe and grabbed a complimentary glass of champagne, hubby had a coffee as he can't drink. Whilst there, we took advantage of our very healthy OBC (thanks Azamara!) and upgraded to a premium drinks package so I could indulge in my Singapore Slings and hubby loves his Irish Coffee (without the Irish!). We made our way to the buffet for our lunch. All incredibly civilised, fantastic food, great wine and excellent service. Sat outside overlook Venice - beautiful! We then had word that our staterooms were ready. We were staying in a Club Continent Suite room 8042. Absolutely gorgeous, so much space, very comfy bed, complimentary spirits (I asked for them to be exchanged for a couple of bottles of Merlot which was done without question). Bathroom with a tub and rain shower. Great toiletries, proper soap, huge bathrobes. Couldn't ask for much more. Lovely big balcony which we enjoyed immensely (when it didn't rain). As a suite guest, we had complimentary access to Prime C and Aqualina - both were superb. Excellent food and service. Could not fault anything. We also dined several times in the main dining room and apart from one evening where we thought we'd been forgotten about, the food and service again was excellent. All cocktails and wines were lovely and the coffee was excellent too. Ports of call - unfortunately the weather was not kind to us - storms seem to follow us down the Adriatic coast, and the port that I was so desperate to visit, Fiskardo in Kefalonia had to be cancelled due to high winds. We visited Corfu instead which was nice but not Fiskardo. My favourite port of call was Taormina - spectacular - that's all I can say. We had been to Amalfi and Sorrento several times in the past, but had never been to Sicily. Just loved it and will be returning for a longer stay next year. The Captain (who looked too young to drive a car never mind captain a ship!) is a credit to Azamara. Friendly, approachable, visible and a really nice bloke. On leaving Taormina, he said he was taking a bit of a de-tour passed the island of Stromboli so we could see the active volcano on the island. As we passed the island around 10.30pm, you could see the lava and fire from the top of the volcano - just amazing and a sight that will stay with me forever. The weather took a turn for the better when we hit the bottom part of Italy so we took full advantage of the sun decks and solarium. One lovely touch for suite guests, they have complimentary use of the spa area at the front of the ship. A peaceful haven of tranquility where you can sunbathe and use the whirlpool. This was my daily retreat for a bit of a nap and sunbathe - beautiful. White Night - well what can I say - a tenor singing Nessun Dorma had me sobbing - opera always gets me and it did that night. We didn't eat at the buffet but it certainly looked fabulous. We also met some amazing people - Anita and Gibbo from Melbourne and Ken and Carol from Devon - lovely, lovely people and we had such a good laugh! In all, this was the best cruise we have been on and will definitely be sailing with Azamara again. Thank you for making our Silver Wedding Anniversary so special.

Fabulous ship - pity about the weather!

Azamara Quest Cruise Review by Ex-vogue model