3. Star Breeze
My favoured ship (Swan Hellenic's 'Minerva') stopped operating late last year, so I was looking for something to replace it. I tried to get on a Tauck tour cruise which unfortunately was fully booked, but then decided to book directly with Windstar for the same itinerary. Whilst the ship is great and has facilities of a larger vessel, unlike Minerva they simply do not cater for solo travellers, which could be quite embarrassing at meal times. Apart from that the cabins are a good size and overall it could have been a terrific alternative. The shore excursions (extra cost) were all good and staff were mainly friendly. With one or two exceptions the people I was able to meet made me welcome. Not much choice in Dining but good quantity and quality - only gripe was that the 'Yacht Club' snack bar closed at the same time the main restaurant opened. (On one excursion we had a very late lunch on our tour and I didn't feel like a full meal - only alternative was room service). Nevertheless a great way to travel with family or friends.

Not for Solo Travellers

Graeme27’s Full Rating Summary
Get Windstar Star Breeze price drops

Balcony Suite
Cabin BS 215
Not really a balcony (simply opening doors and a rail) but room was quite large and well appointed.
Deck 5 Suite Cabins