3. MSC Divina
We sailed on Oct 21, 2017 for 7 nights on the MSC Divina . This little review needs a heads up. We (meaning my DH-69 and myself-68) stayed in a YC2 suite, #12002. so our perspective may be a little rose-colored. Embarkation: WOW! We were whisked up to the YC waiting area where we got our pictures taken for our cruise. We then waited until the ship was cleared for embarkation. The butler took us up to the Top Sail Lounge where we met with our butler for the week. He took us to our cabin and explained everything to us. Then our vacation began. The Ship: Gorgeous. Even though it is a very large ship, it didn't feel like it. There were pools all over the ship. The LaSerene pool, the one with the retractable roof was never busy. Whenever we went past, maybe 10-15 people the most. The main pool was where the action was. It was a little busy by the adults only pool--I think that was do the fact it was by the smoking are at the aft of the ship. The we were at the YC pool there was never more than 6 people in it. This ship has an abundance of bars and lounges. During the day many people took to them to read, play games and cards and to just chat with friends. The Food: of course the food in LeMuse was phenomenal. We ate at Galaxy which was so so. We were expecting better. We also ate at Eataly the Steakhouse, but we had pasta. It was good, but that was a day that we enjoyed Cozumel a little too much (if you get my drift) so I think it would've been better on another day. One day we went to the buffet for lunch at around 1:30 when we thought the crowd would be lighter. WRONG!! We grabbed some salad and a slice of pizza (which was as good as everyone attests to). The problem came next when we couldn't find a table to sit at. Yes, we went to the farthest aft part of it but still no table. We basically waited until someone left, then we waited about 10 minutes for someone to come and clean the table. My DH isn't a fan of any buffet on a cruise or here at home. Needless to say, this didn't change his mind. The Entertainment: I loved the nightly shows in the theatre. My DH thought they were very cheesy and the crew overly asked for applause. The last night, the Michael Jackson Tribute was AWESOME, Even my DH wanted to know where that crew was all week. The energy of everyone was terrific. Excursions: We didn't do any MSC affiliated excursions. We did an excursion on Grand Cayman that we booked personally. It was the Jet ski, Stingray, snorkeling, Starfish excursion. We were driven to the Holiday Inn beach where we were outfitted with our vests and snorkeling equipment. We then proceeded to our jet skis. There was a total of 4 of us on the trip. One couple rode together and my DH and I rode solo. We jet skied out 4 miles to the stingrays stayed there about 20 minutes, went to the snorkeling sight for about 20 mins went to the beach for a few minutes to get water and refresh. We then went to the star fish point and stayed there about 15 minutes. Then it was back the 4 miles to where we started. I would do this excursion every day on every island if it were offered. On the other islands we just got off the ship and enjoyed the island culture. Disembarkation: Our butler escorted us off the ship to the gang way. Off to customs. Out of there in about 20 minutes. This cruise was so great we are trying to plan a cruise in the summer of 2019 on the Seaside with our daughter and her family in the YC for our 50th wedding anniversary. All in all, our experience on this ship exceeded our expectations mainly because last year at the same time, we were on the Escape in the Haven and we were hoping for that experience. The YC was by far a way better experience, especially at the price. If I can answer any questions, please ask

Cruise That Exceeded Our Expectations

MSC Divina Cruise Review by rojoand8

• Sail Date: October 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Yacht Club Executive & Family Suite

If I can answer any questions, please ask
rojoand8’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Yacht Club Executive & Family Suite
Cabin YC2 12002
The cabin was a delight. There was only one time we actually missed not having a balcony. That was one afternoon when we were reading for a while.
Aurora Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins