• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Silver Spirit Review

Editor Rating
20 Awards

First cruise experience, won't be the last.

Review for Silver Spirit to the Mediterranean
fcorreia1
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Oct 2017
Cabin: Veranda Suite

This was a much better experience than I anticipated. I loved the educational lectures and could have attended more - especially the history ones (vs. the art lectures). The rooms were great as was the service. Our butler was very attentive and made the experience extra special.

The restaurants were ok, although service was always exceptional. We had a couple of outstanding meals, but for the most part, the food seemed slightly better than average. Our best meals were at the port stops.

The tours were also just ok. It would have helped to have individual headsets so you didn't feel like you were fighting to be in the front so you could hear the guide. We took one, but felt we could learn just as much exploring on our own, and using google to better understand a particular site.

Veranda Suite

Cabin V5

The cabins were fairly spacious - more space than I had anticipated. The closet is large and easily accommodated clothing for my husband and me. The bathroom contained both a shower and tub and was also a good size. As I am an early riser, I appreciated the heavy curtain sectioning the sleeping area from the living room (small) area which is how you access the deck. Several mornings I was able to sit on the deck while my husband continued to sleep.

Port Reviews

Lisbon

We loved Lisbon. Loved the cobblestone sidewalks and the upper and lower levels of the Old City. The people were friendly and the cable car was a memorable experience.

Barcelona

Took the hop on/hop off bus tour. It was difficult to connect what we were hearing in the headset to what we were seeing.

Find a Silver Spirit Cruise from $3,920