Westerdam Cruise Review
1,099 Reviews

One of the most terrible cruise experience I've ever had

Westerdam Cruise Review by peterceccarelli

• Sail Date: Oct 2017
  • Destination: the Mediterranean

We chose this particular cruise because of the ports, especially the Dalmatian Coast. No other cruise line had this itinerary. We've done many other cruises on other cruise lines, but a first on HAL. Never again.

Overall the staff and stateroom service is great. No issue there. The ship interiors are nice enough for a mid-size, middle budget cruise line. Where they miss it is food. The worst meals I've ever had. Tasteless. No flavor. I don't believe they even use basic salt and pepper as a seasoning. Truly awful food. The entertainment waivered. The singers and dancers we're about a inch better than watching grammar school kids put on a show. I was actually embarrassed for them. No talent. However the string quartet was fabulous in the Kennedy Center Stage. That was a real treat. I enjoyed the America's Test Kitchen too. Very clever. All the rest were God awful.

The staff who run the excursions are ill informed and very unprofessional. I'd fire all of them starting at the top and start over. They contradicted themselves, didn't know, or even attempted to find out if you asked them a question. Terrible.

I'll never cruise on HAL again. Even if it were free. Life's too short to waste time on crappy experiences.

peterceccarelli's Full Rating Summary

City Tour

Lovely town other than it poured rain, however been here in the past and it was lovely and sunny.

View All 101 City Tour Reviews
City Tour

Nice city. Loved the cathedral. Prince Charles was in town, so a lot of streets blocked off. However I got a picture of him just 1 foot away from me. Pretty awesome experience.

View All 78 City Tour Reviews
Kotor

Absolutely stunning setting and village. Loved everything about this place.

Split

Amazing place, history and a great day spent here.

Koper

Not sure why the stop here. However we have a good friend who lives in Slovenia, so he took us to Piran (small charming seaside village) for the day and that was lovely. You could easily make arrangements off the ship to do this on your own. 45 minute drive, and a pretty drive too.

peterceccarelli