CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals
  • Cruise Tips

Westerdam Review

Editor Rating
52 Awards

One of the most terrible cruise experience I've ever had

Review for Westerdam to the Mediterranean
peterceccarelli
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2017
Cabin:

We chose this particular cruise because of the ports, especially the Dalmatian Coast. No other cruise line had this itinerary. We've done many other cruises on other cruise lines, but a first on HAL. Never again.

Overall the staff and stateroom service is great. No issue there. The ship interiors are nice enough for a mid-size, middle budget cruise line. Where they miss it is food. The worst meals I've ever had. Tasteless. No flavor. I don't believe they even use basic salt and pepper as a seasoning. Truly awful food. The entertainment waivered. The singers and dancers we're about a inch better than watching grammar school kids put on a show. I was actually embarrassed for them. No talent. However the string quartet was fabulous in the Kennedy Center Stage. That was a real treat. I enjoyed the America's Test Kitchen too. Very clever. All the rest were God awful.

The staff who run the excursions are ill informed and very unprofessional. I'd fire all of them starting at the top and start over. They contradicted themselves, didn't know, or even attempted to find out if you asked them a question. Terrible.

Port Reviews

Dubrovnik

Did our own thing. Awesome and gorgeous.

Kotor

Absolutely stunning setting and village. Loved everything about this place.

Korcula

Charming.

Split

Amazing place, history and a great day spent here.

Koper

Not sure why the stop here. However we have a good friend who lives in Slovenia, so he took us to Piran (small charming seaside village) for the day and that was lovely. You could easily make arrangements off the ship to do this on your own. 45 minute drive, and a pretty drive too.

Venice

How can you not love Venice!

6 Helpful Votes