3. Enchantment of the Seas
A group of 9 chose this cruise to celebrate a special birthday. The ship is a little tired now and the interior stateroom and the public areas are looking a little dated but overall I can't really fault this experience for the price that we paid. The food was plentiful and delicious. The Windjammer buffet had a wide selection of choice and the food was tasty, it did get quite crowded at times and needs maybe a better layout or instructions from staff as it could be a free for all and some pushing in and stopping right in front of you etc. My Fair Lady food was restaurant quality and the service from Satchin and Fredy was outstanding - a real credit to Royal Caribbean. We spent a few days in Miami before the cruise and arrived at the Port in good time for the scheduled sailing at 4pm. It took approximately 30-45 mins to go through security and be checked in and issued with our SeaPass cards. The check-in desk was not particularly friendly or helpful and didn't really explain things but I suppose their main interest is getting people on board quickly to prevent sailing delays. Once on board we explored the ship and checked out our interior stateroom. A notice advised that the staff hoped to have our suitcases at our room by 3pm. The room itself is small but there is adequate storage and the bed is comfortable. The bathroom/shower is looking a little tired and 'plasticy' but it served it's purpose and the room as a whole was well maintained and kept really clean by our stateroom attendant, Raul. He kept us stocked up with soaps/towels and the daily 'compass' that lets passengers know what is planned for the day ahead. Whenever we passed him in the hallway he would always say hello and check if there was anything that we needed. Generally, the staff are very friendly, The entertainment could be considered a little on the 'cheesy' side with Bobby the Cruise Director's voice booming out across the tannoy having echoes of a stay at the summer camp in Dirty Dancing, but once you got used to it and accepted it for what it was, it was fine and dare I say it, sometimes quite enjoyable. The Parade of Flags and the band who played on the last night (who were the same band that played on Coco Cay incidentally) were particularly good and it was good to see people enjoying themselves! Nassau port can be a little overwhelming when first getting off the boat with everybody trying to get you to go on their excursion or into their taxi to the beach. We walked about 10 mins to the nearest beach which I think was called Junkanoo beach but it was quite disappointing with a view of shipping containers and cranes so we got a taxi. We did ask to be taken to Cabbage Beach which we had heard good things about but instead the taxi driver decided it would be too choppy and crowded on that beach so took us to possibly Love Beach/Nirvana Beach bar and we had almost the whole beach to ourselves which was lovely. Crystal blue waters and fine white sand. It cost approx $5 dollars each (9 passengers) in the taxi. The next day on Coco Cay was amazing. Having read other reviews, it seems we were quite lucky to get the weather that allowed us to stop there and get the little tender boats out to the island. We walked around to near the floating bar and the aqua park and the water was shallow and clear and the fish swam around our feet. The staff working at the bars and the floating mat station were a bit hit and miss and not so friendly. The food that was served at lunch was reasonable and a fair selection but not as nice as on the ship. The final day in Key West was very warm. The island is beautiful and the buildings are quite colonial and wooden/plantation style. We hired buggys to travel around the island with no real idea of where we were going and found parking quite difficult to find. We headed back to the boat earlier than planned. In conclusion, this was my first cruise and I think I am hooked!. Yes the boat could do with a revamp and bringing a little more up to date and certain aspects could be more luxurious but for the price that we paid, the food that was included and the service from the My Fair Lady staff and the stateroom attendant could not be faulted. The staff work so hard. My partner and I bought a refreshments package each but really only used it about 3 times in the whole cruise as we were happy with the water/drinks that were available at the buffet. The coffee is a bit harsh but you do get used to it. I certainly would recommend Royal Caribbean and the 4 night Bahamas cruise. I would love to go on a Caribbean cruise next time.

Bahamian Bliss!

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by missgrace

• Sail Date: October 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas

missgrace’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas price drops

Quite compact and had to step over the corner of the bed and the edge of the drawers to get to my side but the room had everything we needed for the 4 night stay with plenty of wardrobe/storage space. The bed was comfortable and there was a small seating area. The bathroom is very small and fits a small sink, toilet and shower in a very compact space. The bathroom is quite plastic and could do with a makeover. The stateroom was kept very clean and everything stocked up quickly by Raul our attendant. It was quite noisy every now and again with a strange sound that we were never quite sure what was making it. I don't know if it was the rumblings of the ship or trolleys being pushed about in the deck above but it was sometimes a bit eerie but never kept us awake or woke us. We slept very well and the darkness of the room allowed you to wake up naturally. We did pass some smelly areas of the corridor to get to our room however and I did overhear one guest asking the room attendant if he could smell the smell in her room. Again, I don't know if this was just the positioning of where we were in the ship and had I have had to stay in those rooms I wouldn't have been happy but luckily, we were ok in our room.
  Enchantment of the Seas Deck Plans