3. MSC Divina
My husband and I booked this cruise through a Casino Junket. We were comped an Oceanview and MSC upgraded us for free into a Balcony room. We've sailed on the past with Carnival, Norwegian, and Royal Caribbean. The reviews that I've read online about MSC have always been mixed, but the bad ones always stuck out to me. With the cruise being comped, we decided to give it a try. I will break everything down into categories on what I thought. Tip: If you go into this cruise thinking this will be like the other major cruise lines, you may be disappointed. Go in with an open mind. MSC seems to do things differently, but in an enjoyable way. Ship Itself: The ship itself was very clean and modern. Different areas of the ship seem to have their own theme with decorating, and everything flows together perfectly. This is the first ship that I've ever been on where the decorating really stood out. The crystal staircase that everyone talks about is even more impressive in person as it is in pictures. There were plenty of seating areas in each section of the ship, so if you have trouble walking distances, it shouldn't be a problem. Muster Drill: I was dreading this since I heard that the drill was done in 4 different languages. I figured this was going to take forever. You are required to bring your life jacket with you to the drill. Our meeting place was inside the casino. We all sat there while the staff went through the counts, and all of the details. Surprisingly, this process went by much faster than other cruise lines- even with them doing it in 4 languages. Stateroom: We were in a Balcony stateroom. The stateroom had a large closet, private bathroom, queen bed that could also be converted into two twins, a couch, and end table. There was a small tv, and a mini fridge across from the couch. The sliding glass doors opened to a small balcony with 2 chairs. From looking at the ship deck plans, it seemed that some of the ships had a see-through balcony wall, but the one I was in had a solid white metal one. The railing was pretty high, so you couldn't see the ocean water if you were to sit down in the chairs. This didn't bother me, but if you like to be able to see the ocean when sitting on your balcony, you will want to look into deck plans. My husband has a major fear of heights, so this balcony was perfect for us. As far as the bed itself, I normally sleep on a complete memory foam firm bed, so this bed was very comfortable to me. I never woke up with a backache, and slept all night. If you're used to sleeping on a very soft mattress, this bed may be a little more firm than you are used to. The couch has thinner cushions on it. It's comfortable to sit on, but wouldn't be comfortable enough to nap directly on it. I didn't check, but I believe these also turn into a bed also. We didn't open ours up, so I can't attest to how comfortable it is. The bathroom in the stateroom was a little different than other cruise ships in regards to the shower. The showers have this plastic dome that folds in and out to create a bubble around it. When I saw the pictures of this, I thought it looked pretty cool, although if you left it in the full shape of the bubble enclosing the shower, it gets in the ways of your knees when you are using the bathroom. If you pull the shower dome thing out and push them in the opposite way, they will fold to stay inside the shower area completely and stay out of the way. This is what we did with ours while we weren't using it. There are shelves to the sides of the sink to place your toiletries as well. You have your own climate control in the room so you can keep the room at whatever temperature you're comfortable with. In order for any of the lights to work, or the air, you have to insert a key inside the slot inside the room. This also doubles for letting the room steward know when you are/aren't in the room. I was very satisfied with the room.

I was surprisingly impressed!

MSC Divina Cruise Review by littlelovesunshine

littlelovesunshine’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Bella Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 9054
I was impressed with the cabin. Please see my full review for a detailed review of the cabin.
Cupido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins