3. MSC Divina
My poor experiences began with the Voyager's Club matching program. Attempting to reach anyone regarding service was extremely difficult. The company created two Voyager Club accounts for me. One account at Silver Level and one at Gold Level. The Gold Level was correct and the Silver incorrect. Both utilized the same email and should have been a clue to the issue. The office paired my cruise with the Silver Level. They explained they could not change it after the pairing. I exchanged multiple emails and phone calls and there was "zero" help in having the correct account paired. I was hung up on once. (The representative said that she had a bad connection.) I used the website and requested multiple call backs. I never received requested call backs. In fact, they even accused the error on me, at one point. The website is a complete joke at maneuverability. The embarkation process was the smoothest of any cruise that we'd been on. But that's pretty much where the service ends. When we received our Cruise Cards, it did not have the "All Inclusive Drink Package," that was part of our Aurea booking. We went to Guest Relations and the representative noted that we would have to provide verification. Luckily, I brought verification but had to go to the room and retrieve the verification. Upon presenting it, we were told they'd need to confirm with the home office. I asked how long that would take. They did not know. I asked if I could receive a call that evening (first day of the cruise) and was assured that I could. That evening, we received a flyer that we'd "missed" muster. In fact, we made muster and I even had photos. So I called about the poorly worded letter that was addressed and left in our cabin. The attendant said just ignore it and did not apologize. I then asked about the new cruise cards. The representative said that I would have to come down to Guest Services. I explained that I just wanted a yes or a no. She said it had been resolved. I noted that I would be down the following day. Again, no apology for the Cruise Line's error. I must say that the lady that created our new tags did an amazing job in trying to correct for the lousy experiences that we'd previously had. She needs to train the rest of the Guest Services Staff. The food, on board, was the worst that I'd seen on any cruise line. It was bland and generally no flavor or bad flavor. There were usually only one chicken selection. My partner can't eat red meat and was limited to few things on the selection. Every day the breakfast selection was the same. It did not change in selections even once. I still can't figure out how fried vegetables ends up in the "healthy food" section. Cold items were normally warm and warm items were cold in the center. The buffet layout was a disaster. Guests did not use hand sanitizing stations. No one made them do it. Guests picked up food with their bare hands. Some took bites and put it back on the buffet. Some put spoons up to their nose and then replaced them in the serving platters. It was just poorly attended and monitored. In fact, people pushed and shoved and made the experience horrible. One evening, someone knocked a hot dog from my hand and it flew across the floor. It's like the guests had never seen food before. I started to clean the mess and a floor attendant came up to clean up. She was amazingly sweet. I apologized and she assured me it was not a problem. She then went to the front of the buffet and picked up a couple mustard packets that had fallen. That was spectacular service and was the best customer service experience that we'd had. I swear, you should have this young lady teach all the rest of the staff about customer service. Bar service was incredibly slow. 10 to 15 minutes to receive a drink. Bar tenders used the same shot glasses to mix different drinks. I never saw anything being washed or cleaned. The quickest service was at the back bar and that was still slow. The entertainment was from bizarre to great. I can't figure out why the Freddie Mercury tribute had opera singers and an aerialist. None of the voices had the power to represent Freddie's power. This show should have rocked but it was almost sleep inducing. In turn, the Michael Jackson tribute was amazing. Even though it was largely lip synched. It was awesome. The rest of the entertainment and the performers in the atrium were great. The itinerary listed above is wrong. It's reasonable that you changed venues because of the destruction in the Eastern Caribbean. What is not acceptable is that you made a stop on and in Jamaica. I was part of a group of 300+ gay guests. And the cruise line thought it was appropriate to stop at an island that is so adversarial to anyone that this LGBT? How does that even happen? You took a ship that contained many gay people to an island where Homosexuality is still illegal. This was a fail in planning and execution. Something out of your control was the rudeness of the majority of the guests on board. I think calling them rude is giving them the benefit of the doubt as many were simply nasty. It was so bad that we preferred to walk the cabin decks as opposed to level 14 as it limited contact with people pushing and shoving and being horrible to each other. To add insult to injury, people using strollers made tight spaces even worse and not one apologized for taking up so much room and space. I would like to point out, it was rather inappropriate for crew members to assume that our group was responsible for indecency in the steam room. Your staff learned that the perpetrators had nothing to do with our group. Shame on you for making assumptions. Our cabin attendant was very nice and attentive. There was nothing extra or unexpected but he did a good job keeping the cabin clean. I still don't know why it was so difficult to have wash rags in the cabin. Apparently, it's a European thing. All in all, I can't see recommending MSC to anyone. As someone who has been on many cruises, this left a bad impression on me and on many of the others. I would recommend that your company start with basic customer service classes. Just start at the basic level. Then move on to food safety and preparation. That is the least that we should expect from a cruise. I wish you luck, but I don't think we'll ever be on another MSC ship.

Never on MSC Again

WooferBear’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Fantastica Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B2
The cabin was comfortable, clean and roomy.
Cupido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins