3. Adventure of the Seas
I'd like to start off and recognize our waiters Saturnino and Komang. They were so friendly, attentive, anticipated our requests, went out of their way to get to know us, and made us feel special by providing extra options/additions. we did 3 excursions--all were great! Plantation and Beach in St. Kitts, Beach and Turtles in Martinique, and Atlantis Submarine in Barbados. We celebrated Halloween on our ship with a great party with cool deco, good music, and lots of people in costume not promenade. The ship was clean (it's an older-looking ship and needs some upkeep but was still nice) and most of the staff was nice. The shows were kind of boring in comparison to other cruise shows I've seen. Now the negatives...our activities director Elvis was slightly rude towards participants in activities and his overall demeanor was quite lackadaisical and really not genuinely enthusiastic. The main negative I have is in relation to the reactions and responses of the guest services staff only to the death of a guest during one of the excursions. In general discussion several guests shared with me that a guest had passed away during one of the excursions. The guests were sad, scared, confused, and really needed some support. As a social worker by trade I had no problem providing that but when I went to guest services to ask if there was someone for guests to talk with to work out their grieving from the traumatic situation I was disgusted by the responses (I'm not religious so I wasn't aware of the chapel that was on board to possibly direct guests for comfort and support). The gentleman waiting at the guest services line greeted us and when we explained why we were there his response was (with an inappropriate huge grin on his face), "Do you know what stateroom they were from?" Are you kidding me?! What sort of merciless response was that?! We continued to explain why we were there and we were directed to the woman who was guest services director who was clearly not interested in our questions. She answered us like a robot with the same response over and over again, and all she cared about was pushing our questions off and directing guests to talk to the excursion staff directly about any issues they have to be addressed and that they couldn't realize the personal info of the deceased--but that wasn't what I was asking!! Guests were crying and clearly needing some sort of support and when I looked to the Royal Carribean staff for some guidance I received the complete opposite, and I am so disappointed in the lack of compassion and complete disregard by the staff to listen to my questions in order to answer properly. I think what makes me even more disappointed is that this winter a similar situation happened on a RC cruise and my friend (who is also a social worker) had the same regretful experience.

Overall great but one negative I have to get off my chest

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by AshieB7586

AshieB7586’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Great view, spacious, the queen bed felt more like a king, quite, plenty of storage
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans

• Antigua
    TONS to do but it was too hot for us so we shopped for a bit and went back to the ship
    View All 1,542 Antigua Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Antigua Cruise Port Review
  • Atlantis Submarine
    COOLEST THING EVER!!! If you get motion sickness easily this is not for you. Seas are choppy where you get off the boat and get onto the submarine. You should be realitively physically able as you climb down a ladder to get in the submarine and again--the seas are choppy. Great crew with great info and narration. You get a diving certificate at the end too!
    View All 20 Atlantis Submarine Reviews
  • Martinique
    Short walk to glass bottom boat that brings you about 1hr away to a private beach where you spending about 45mins on the beach and 45mins on the bottom of the boat looking at turtles, urchins, starfish, and corals. Our boat ride also stopped at a local cliff and cave where you could hear bats. Great info provided and the crew was so nice! On the ride back you are provided with local drinks (both aloholic and non-alcoholic) and snacks.
    View All 12,402 Martinique Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Martinique Cruise Port Review
  • St. Kitts
    Tour of a sugar cane plantation that is now the home, garden, and animal sanctuary of the nicest guy Phillip and his family. Great view, beautiful gardens, cool animals (monkeys, cockatiels, turtles), and really nice artificats and history shared. At the end of the tour Phillip shares a drink with you too!
    The. You go off to a private beach where you can lay on beach chairs and rent an umbrella for $5 (so worth it because it is so hot), swim in the warm ocean, and grab some great food at the local restaurant on the beach. Air conditioned transportation provided with the drivers providing great tour info.
    View All 12,402 St. Kitts Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Kitts Cruise Port Review
  • St. Lucia
    Kinda sketchy area to just shop only in. Locals are very aggressive with hustling for a sale but still nice people
    View All 1,385 St. Lucia Cruise Port Reviews