3. MSC Divina
I loved everything about the cruise with the exception of the announcements repeated in six different languages and most of the songs in the shows were in Italian. Another issue I had was the pool towels were in the room and I missed out going into the pool/hot tubs because I didn’t want to go back to the room just to get a towel. Yet another issue that was VERY strange was that they didn’t “link” your credit card to your ship pass and you had to go to the Cruise Card Activation Points to register your credit card. The embarkation was very smooth and didn’t take long once they let you into the building – we (myself and my sister) got to the pier early because the shuttle from our hotel only had one ride to the pier at 8:30 am. Once you were on the ship you were able to hit the buffet and walk around the ship. The food was exceptional – especially the pizza! I didn’t hear any announcements when our cabin was ready and only found the room was ready when I gave up pulling my carry-on luggage and I went to the storage area that holds the items until your room is ready – the attendant said I should go check my room to see if it was ready and it was ready. We were very fortunate to be seated at a 6 person table near the window – 2 of the group didn’t show up at the dinner all week. Unfortunately the table next to us had 7 people and when I asked if 2 of the 7 could sit with us I was told they have to keep the seats open in case the people assigned showed up for the early dinner. I think it was a bad situation on both the cruise line and the couple to leave those 2 seats unused when the other table was so full. Our wait staff was very entertaining. Our tablemates, Jane and Ruben, were exceptional to dine with all week. The ship is so beautiful and different from the other cruise lines I’ve been on. I loved the shiny crystal look on the stairs. We had a balcony stateroom that was amazing and the room steward kept the room very clean. We had a change in our Itinerary due to Hurricane Irma and we did the following excursions: Negril Beach Experience & Rick’s Café Cliff divers in Montego Bay, Jamaica; Reef & Wreck Snorkel in Grand Cayman, West Indies; Catamaran Sail & Snorkel in Costa Maya, Mexico. Negril Beach Experience & Rick’s Café Cliff divers in Montego Bay, Jamaica – This was a very long bus ride to Negril Beach – the beach was so full of seaweed that we didn’t go near the water. We went to the Margaretville restaurant for lunch – food was good but the portion was very small and I was still hungry. Next was Rich’s Café to watch the divers – this was a waste as the wait for the person to go on the high dive was very long! Of course we had to make a stop in a souvenir shop for twenty minutes – again a waste of time! We got stuck in so much traffic that we got back to the boat 30 minutes late. There wasn’t any time to go to the Diamond Exchange for me to get my charm for the charm bracelet. Reef & Wreck Snorkel in Grand Cayman, West Indies – this was a great snorkel trip JC and Diana were very informative about the sites that we were going to snorkel at. I loved seeing the sunken Coast Guard boat and visiting the Cheeseburger site. Catamaran Sail & Snorkel in Costa Maya, Mexico – This was one of the best snorkel trips I’ve been on – Michele was my group leader and she used my underwater camera to take awesome video and pictures. My sister went with the beginner’s group and said she loved her guide (can’t remember his name) and she stayed in the water for whole time – she usually only lasts about a couple of minutes before she doesn’t like the mask. We purchased the Thermal Cruise Pass for the week and loved going into the sauna and steam room – sure wished there was a hot tub in this Adults Only area. The shows were very nice with the exception of songs in Italian. We also did Bingo two times and had fun with the Bingo boys (every time a B number was called the Bingo boys came and did something funny). We also took the dance lesson to learn to dance to Thriller at the Halloween party – this was awesome and I had so much fun doing this dance. We also attended the Captain’s Welcome Back party as my sister had already taken this cruise in March of this year. Of course we attended the Cruise Critic’s party and it was the most impression party I’ve been on (I’ve done both NCL and RCL) – they had drinks, appetizers, a fabulous cake and I received a beautiful photo of the party. Getting off the ship was not as easy as getting on because we weren’t told where to get our RED 2 luggage – we stopped at the first conveyor belt and only saw purple tags and thought it was strange. Then somebody said that the RED 2 luggage was way down the end. In the meantime the line was very long to get through customs and we couldn’t find a porter to help us with our luggage. MSC needs to have more porters! Overall, I think MSC did a great job and would go back on a MSC cruise in the future!

Very good experience on a new cruise line

MSC Divina Cruise Review by flgranny4

• Sail Date: October 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Bella Balcony Stateroom

flgranny4’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Bella Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 8147
We had an end cabin and it was awesome - I couldn't believe how roomy it was! I was concerned that it would noisy because of the location near the Atrium but there wasn't any issues. The cabin steward kept the room very clean.
Cupido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins