3. Carnival Valor
Well, we just got back from our 5 day cruise on the Carnival Valor. A nice ship, and the exact same layout as the Conquest, with one exception.....a very odd decor. On the subject of Carnival drink packages, one thing they do not tell you is that the package **doesn't start until day 2**. So your pina coladas will cost you on day 1. The drink package limits you to 15 drinks a day. For me, that was more than enough. However, if you start out your day by the pool and have a few tequilla shots and a few beers, you will hit your limit most likely by the end of the day. Also, if you want a shot and a beer, they make you wait 5 minutes for the combo...seems odd. The dining options were pretty good. Here's another thing they no longer do on shorter cruises (5 days or less)..LOBSTER NIGHT! Apparently, they started this policy in 2015. So, if you want a lobster for dinner, it is an extra 20 dollars...you want two lobsters? 40 bucks. Same thing for a nice steak. But they do have a flat-iron steak on the main menu, and it is pretty darn good, but it is no fillet mignon. We went to the steakhouse one night, so we could have a nice fine-dining experience. I would say that was a 3.5 out of 5 star experience. I got the surf and turf, and the filet was approximately 4 ounces with a small lobster on the side. The steak was overcooked as well. I do have to say, though, that they really wanted to make our experience good and fix the steak, but I already ate it by that point. But if i wanted another lobster tail, it would be another 20 dollars. Heck, I am from the gulf coast of Texas and I get bigger shrimp than that lobster, so wasn't super impressed with that. Late night menu for room service is OK. But, for an additional 5 to 6 dollars, you can get wings, philly cheese steak sandwich, and others....but again, it is an up-charge. We bought the chicken tenders one late night, and they were paper-thin pieces of chicken fried to a crisp....not super great for 5 bucks, so I didn't feel like trying any of the other late night menu options because of the quality of those chicken tenders. I usually ended up getting the ruben sandwich, which was pretty good. French fries were plentiful for an extra $1.50 The pizza shop is open 24 hours, and i do have to say that the pizzas are pretty darn good....no side notes here....just good thin crust pizza! Guy's burger joint...nothing to complain about....a great burger and they serve them fast. Lots of topping options too! The Blue Iguana Cantina makes a good taco and burrito. Breakfast tacos and burritos are also available. Tasty! I had the pork tacos at least 3 times, it was so good. All-in-all, a nice cruise, but everything is an up-sale. The staff is nice and do want to make your cruise a nice one. The boat is clean, and we had a lot of fun, but this will probably be our last vacation on Carnival.

Not bad, but not great. Might be last cruise with Carnival.

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by astral_cracker

astral_cracker’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Valor price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 9283
The room was nice. Our cabin steward was Agus, and he was very nice. The room was kept clean and he made sure we had plenty of water. I was a bit worried that being so close to the pool that there would be a lot of noise. I was pleasantly surprised how quiet it was. The convenience of being so close to the pool and restaurants was a big bonus!
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins