3. Anthem of the Seas
We chose this cruise because we could drive to the port and save on flight costs. We traveled with my father and his wife, and my husband's brother and his wife. Embarkation was easy however I found the staff in the port for disembarkation were rude (but this is no fault to Royal Caribbean). The ship is huge, so many venues to hang out in. Loved the roller skating and bumper cars, we had no issue getting a turn. The line ups were perfectly manageable and it was fun to watch others while we waited for our turn. My husband did the iFly and North Star and had a great time. Two70 was great to grab a bite to eat and just hang out in. The solarium is a beautiful place. We were able to use the area on the first day at sea, but the area was very busy our last 2 days at seas. Lots of lounge chairs throughout the ship so we were always able to snag a seat, just not always beside the pool areas. We found the Windjammer very busy and chaotic and only ate their twice, however the staff were very friendly. We ate at Two70 a few times, very good for a simple meal. Didn't care for Sorrento's pizza, we found it very greasy. Cafe Promenade was great for a small snack or treat. We dined in Silk and the Grande for breakfast and dinner and the service and food were exceptional. Also enjoyed Johnny Rockets for lunch one day. We found all the food very good and only complaint would be the lack of food available after 9pm. LOVED We Will Rock You - my favorite show. The Gift was good, as was Spectra's Cabaret however I myself didn't care for some of the music choices, but that's a personal preference. Also enjoyed the comedian show, shows in the Royal Theatre, and Music Hall, and laughed so hard at the Love and Marriage show. We had an obstructed balcony (our first time with a balcony) and loved it. Was so nice to open the door and feel the warm breezes, just be careful if you have the balcony door open and open your hall door as it causes a tornado in your room. My tip would be, use the outside deck 5 if you are just going from one end of the ship to the other, to by-pass the almost always congested area on deck 5 by the shops. They have lots of activities going on in this area, which can be alot of fun, but a nuisance if you just want to get from one end to the other. We had no issues with the elevators. Yes, they were sometimes a little slow or congested right around busy times (after shows, during dinner hour, etc) but otherwise we had no issue getting an elevator. Excursions - we did the Royal cruise excursion going to Orlando and just walked around Citywalk shopping and had a great lunch at Hard Rock Cafe. The bus was on time and a great way to travel back and forth from the ship. In Coco Cay we had no issues with the tender, waited our turn, and off we went. We spent the bulk of our time at the first beach but the water was a little cool for my liking. Lots of chairs all along the beach. Later in the day we walked to the other end of the beach near the floating bar and I found the water much nicer and warmer in that area (or maybe it was warmer because it was later in the day). We also did some shopping at the markets (cash only and they weren't much for haggling). Then in Nassau, we took a shuttle to Atlantis ($4 a person) then paid to see the Dig and use the beach (which includes loungers and towel service). Was $70 a person and we found it well worth the money. Beautiful place but a lot of walking, their maps were not all that helpful as the resort is so large and we were not always sure which way to go to access what we were looking for. I know there is an Atlantis app that you can download to help you navigate the resort but I had absolutely no service while we were on the resort. Atlantis Beach waves were pretty large so we didn't wander in too far as neither my husband or I are strong swimmers. Walked over to Marina Village but there was not much open. Took a private taxi back to downtown area ($6 each), had lunch and did some shopping at the stores and the straw market. All in all, I had read a lot of reviews before we left and I was a little concerned with the bad reviews, but I was worried for nothing. We had nothing by excellent service, excellent food, and there was always something to do. I would definitely recommend this cruise line and ship. Top notch!

Amazing Time!

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by Lynn1674

• Sail Date: October 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas

Lynn1674’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Cabin was well laid out and comfortable. They provide shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion. Lots of plugs, drawer and closet space and luggage fit under the bed to store away. Loved the obstructed balcony. Didn't bother us at all having the obstruction, in fact I find it provided more privacy while still providing access to outside. Comes with two comfortable chairs, ottomans and side table. We found the bed very comfortable.
  Anthem of the Seas Deck Plans