3. MSC Divina
At the end of Hurricane season, my partner and I decided we wanted a cruise - and MSC offered a compelling option - so we took it! We were automatically upgraded to a balcony room on Deck 13 - more of a balconette, I might add. The cabin was comfy, the balcony pretty much useless (except to let in sea air), but the cabin steward was always a bit slow - our room wasn't ready on Day 1 until after 4pm, nor were we given pool towels in the room (exchanges only are made on the pool deck). Our friends on Deck 5 didn't get a balcony, but their room was noticeably bigger and more comfy. The cabin steward was a bit slow to clean every day - sometimes nothing was touched until mid-afternoon. This I thought a bit odd. The ship? One word - BIG and gorgeous. Absolutely beautiful artwork as well - the crystal-infused atrium stairways were spectacular. Dining - we had first seating dining in the Black Crab - a beautiful dining room. However, be aware that you are NOT on an American cruise ship- it's Italian, and you'll never forget that as your dinner takes a leisurely two hours most nights. Portions are Euro-sized as well (not a problem for me) - so be aware that you won't be taking in 4,000 calorie dinners by default - you'll need to order multiple entrees to reach that level of wretched excess. Specialty dining- 3 versions of Eataly were on board - we went to the Eataly Steakhouse, expecting fantastico service. Nope. Very slow. Haphazard. The wait staff forgot requests regularly. We all agreed it was a total waste of money as well. Coffee and water packages presented an interesting mix of modernity and bureaucracy. I thought I'd get the water delivered en masse to the room on Day 1 - it was a hope. Nope. The room steward delivered two little booklets of paper coupons for the water and coffee - we had to sign for these. Instead of being loaded on my cruise card, I had to give my cruise card and paper coupon to the various locales on the ship to get coffee or water bottles. Odd. Entertainment - was quite nicely done, though I do think they overused the YMCA song (!). You'll enjoy it. Just don't expect much narrative - just sit back and enjoy in the beautiful Pantheon theatre! Activities - a nice mix well-suited to all ages. The only issue I had was that though the gym was free, access to the changing room and sauna was restricted to an extra-fee charge. Once on board, you immediately need to set up a credit card against your cruise card. Why they don't let you do this online or at check-in is another very odd Italian quirk. The crew was quite friendly - most announcements were done in six languages (!). One issue of note was that room stewards and wait staff were mostly of people from the Philippines - but all entertainment and management was composed of Europeans. Why, oh progressive Europeans, are not your Filipino team members not worthy of higher roles? I use the phrase "progressive" loosely. It was pretty obvious that your role was dependent on your ethnicity. Very disconcerting in this day and age. I expect better, as equality must be lived to be appreciated. MSC doesn't get this, and it was noticeable. Ports - we were rerouted due to earlier season Hurricane activity. However, our stops in Costa Maya, Cayman Islands, Montego Bay Jamaica and Nassau were lovely and nicely planned - kudos! Internet - they really limit you here. Be aware that 800mB total for the Surfer pkg will go quickly if you are not very, very careful. Finally- the disembarkation process began just before 7am Saturday and was very VERY well done. Good going, Team MSC! Would we go again? Now that I understand the Euro-lack of service (speed), maybe I would go. But my travel colleagues vastly prefer American service levels.

Beautiful Ship - European service and all that entails

markn46804’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Bella Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 13224
The cabin was just under the buffet on Deck 14. Noise was "mostly" not an issue, but we had a few moments where you could hear chairs moving.

The balconette is pretty much useless - but I enjoyed the fresh ocean air.

TV - it's really tiny. CNN International was probably the most-watched channel. But we don't cruise to watch TV and get depressed, right?

The room wasn't kept up as well as I would have liked by the steward, though he was always personable. I suspect they had him cleaning too many cabins and he couldn't keep up.
Cupido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins