3. Anthem of the Seas
Just returned home from the October 28th sailing on Anthem of the Seas. Except for the first day sailing, we had beautiful weather. Typical Florida Bahama stops and we were able to make our tender port in Cococay. The ship - is quite large and has many venues to offer. The Solarium was beautiful. Keep in mind this is a technology ship so very different than what we're used to on Freedom and Radiance class ships. Bionic Bar, 270 AND Wow Bands. Sometimes too much technology is not a good thing. Sea Pass taps dont always work. Message Boards around the ship are up and down constantly, Bionic Bar has a history of of being unavailable. The layout is familiar yet quite different from the previous classes and can take awhile to get used to. Staircases do not run straight down from deck to deck, so its a little odd when you reach a deck and the stairs run out only to find they are moved to the side to continue up or down. Food - Knowing that food is a personal preference, we found the food in the main dining room to be a bit on the salty side much of the week. Yet the food in the Windjammer seemed to be much better. The variety in the Windjammer is quite large and you could always find something to eat.. Chops was the only specialty restaurant we visited and it did not disappoint. Dining Room - We had my time dining and I must admit I was very disappointed in the service from the wait staff. From the moment we would check in for our reservation until the moment we left, service was very disorganized. From the person trying to seat you at your table not knowing where the tables were located, to several different waiters and assistant waiters who just did not have the chemistry to have the dining experience flow. My time dining or anytime dining or your time dining is definitely a much better experience in my opinion on Carnival and NCL. They have it down to a science. Entertainment - We booked all three shows. We were able to see The Gift, Spectras Cabaret, and We Will Rock you. In my honest opinion I was expecting better performances from the singers than what they provided. The Gift was my favorite of the three. It was a very sweet storyline and the dancers we're quite good. The production of the show I thought was excellent, but the lead female singer was stretched in trying to sing the songs in the show. The production of Spectras Cabaret was excellent, the technology effects were quite good but the Harmony Sisters were anything but in Harmony when they sang.. The lead female singer in this production was also stretched to sing the songs that varied from Janet Jackson and other female pop artists. Casino - was quite small for a ship of this size. It was always quite busy. We did receive a lot of play during the week on the slots, and there were quite a few jackpots paid out. As others have reported, the casino is quite smokey both in the smoking and non-smoking section. Clealiness - Cabin attendant was a very nice lady, but unfortunately was not very thorough. For example, there was a piece of plastic by the garbage pail, and it stayed on the floor for 3 days. We had thought that the cleaning was not performed well from other tell tale signs, so we left the plastic by the pail to see. This indicated to me that the cabin was not being vacuumed on a regular basis like I have experienced on other ships or other Cruise Lines. The cleanliness in the Windjammer was not much better. It took a long time for the staff to clear tables, and when they did they were not quite clean. Environment - If you have sensitive sinuses, I would recommend bringing a bottle of saline spray. The air on the ship is very dry. If you have sensitive skin, I would recommend bringing plenty of skin lotion. The water on the ship is very hard. Cabin - We had a large interior room with virtual balcony. We found the beds to be very hard and the pillows to be very thin. Storage space was adequate for two people but was definitely not abundant. In summary, although we made sure we had a very nice time together, I am not sure I would be in a hurry to book this ship again.

Beautiful ship, service lacking, it's all about technology

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by cjm61