3. Silver Muse
We chose this cruise because of the total navigation of South America. Unfortunately, we also chose Silversea's newest and largest ship, the Silver Muse. As seasoned Silversea cruisers we have loved all of our previous cruises and all of Silversea's ships, but the Silver Muse is, to date, a litany of disappointments - none of which is down to the ship itself. which is lovely. It seems to my wife and I that Silversea have decided to try a larger ship concept without considering why Silversea clients come back year after year - "Intimate Cruising". The suites and room staff service is still the "Intimate Cruising" that Silversea is renowned for, but they don't seem to have been able to transfer this to the restaurant functioning of a larger vessel. Most at fault is the dining - The Atlantide (the main dining room) has not had a menu change for three weeks, the same applies to the other restaurants and dining areas. The restaurant staffing also does not seem capable of serving the larger dining room and number of diners with the same 'intimate' wine and food service of the rest of the fleet. School report 5 out of 10 - must do better!! Also, the quality of the new in-suite entertainment system is excellent. Unfortunately however, the choice of viewing is extremely limited and the sound proofing between the suites is totally inadequate - to the point that we can hear the adjacent cabin's TV over and above my wife and I's conversation. Our recommendation - don't try the Silver Muse until these issues are resolved!!

Great itinerery - awful dining and noise intrusion on the new ship

Silver Muse Cruise Review by henders765

• Sail Date: October 2017
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Classic Verandah Suite

henders765’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Muse price drops

Classic Verandah Suite
Cabin CV 516
Perfect - except for awful soundproofing!!!
Deck 6 Suite Cabins