• Find a Cruise

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by grandma1969

• Sail Date: Oct 2017
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Inside

Chose to drive to Boston, no airfare necessary. Boston driving was crazy. Once at port checking in was quick and we were on ship with in 30 min.This ship is smaller than Breakaway Ship. Inside room was very smallest I've ever been in but was ok for my husband and I.

Dining at buffet was ok, by end of week was sick of same food. Restaurants were good especially Cagneys and Tempanyaki. I booked specialty restaurants prior to cruise.

The entertainment was included in price unlike Breakaway which was nice. Did not like that you could not see the entertainment schedule daily prior to cruise, there was conflict with the restaurants scheduled and the shows I wanted to see.

At port there was a free ferry offered from Norwegian to bring you from ship to other end of island which was a great way to sight see. We did rent a scooter which is highly discouraged on board. It is the best way to do and see what you want and when. if you have never ridden any kind of motorized bike than I would not recommend it though. Roads are very narrow and you drive on opposite side.

This was our second cruise to Bermuda with Norwegian. I did like going out of NYC better than Boston. Going twice we were able to see everything we wanted. Not sure if I would go again. I think children would be bored in Bermuda. No parks really, just beaches, aquarium and zoo, shopping. There is a dolphin adventure but of course those are expensive.

grandma1969's Full Rating Summary