• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Explorer of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
1963 reviews
12 Awards

Friendly and helpful crew. Weather was perfect.

Review for Explorer of the Seas to Transpacific
rover68
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2017
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

The south Pacific was on my bucket list and I wanted to pay my respects at Arizona Memorial. This cruise was back to back with prior week in Pacific Northwest which includes an Overnight in San Francisco. The ship is lovely and ice skating shows were spectacular. The staff was friendly and ship was well maintained. The Zumba class led by Sylvia was fun. I was well informed by Roll call that needed 60 day in advance reservations from National Park service. I heard some people who used ship shore excursion that they had been disappointed as could not get same day ticket for transport to Memorial. It is similar fee!ing as visiting Holocaust camp. The sea days had many planned activities. Cruise Critics got together for games of Left, Right and Center which was great way to visit and compare shore excursions.

David in Schooner bar and karaoke in Tavern was crowded. Dizzy's on deck 14 had great view while sailing away. Our only issue was my husband 's suitcase was misplaced at terminal so anxious as bus loaded for shore excursion to Blue Mountains which inc!uded Scenic World but glad slightly delayed but we're lucky to find it before left. Learned a lot about Sydney as we traveled. Most of tour members had same day flights, we got to airport about 3pm. We stayed at Ibis hotel, But there are 3 near airport so be sure to know address for drivers. I was glad I had converted US $ to Australia's $ before we left on cruise as did not see ATM.

We used Link train from SeaTac airport to downtown Seattle., Westlake Station. As seniors got lower rate, $1.. If you only have carry on luggage ,call 206-624-6820 from gate for golf cart to station. We learned not available at baggage claim

Interior Stateroom

Cabin Q

Steward was very helpful and courteous . I prefer firmer beds. There was plenty of storage.

1 Helpful Vote