3. Norwegian Star
My first ever review We choose this cruise for the itinerary and we were not disappointed with any of the ports that we visited. We have cruised many times with NCL and have always had a very happy experience. So could not believe the difference on this ship compared with other NCL vessels. Firstly the ship was filled to capacity which made for a very uncomfortable experience The ship looks good, is very clean and well maintained but lacks heart and personality Dining was not a good experience. Buffet resembled a school canteen. Trying to find a table at breakfast took a lot of patience. Food was poorly presented and did not look appetizing. Staff very subdued but they worked very hard keeping tables clear and clean. Every night for dinner the two main restaurants had long lines to book tables and this was then followed by another long wait before you are paged that your table was ready. However, menu choice and food was very good. Entertainment very mediocre and repetitive In the theatre just song and dance every night except one. Bands in the bars and lounges too loud, could not converse with other passengers. Please BEWARE if you need to use the ship,s MEDICAL FACILITIES. Unfortunately I was not well towards the end of the cruise and I attended the Medical Centre, on the last day of the cruise, there I saw the medical officer and was diagnosed with severe bronchitis and laryngitis, he advised me to come into the Medical Centre for tests and treatment. This took approximately 5 to 6 hours. I asked for my bill when I left the Centre and it was not available, at that time, but it would be delivered to my cabin asap. It was eventually left outside my cabin at 11.00pm. The COST for MY TREATMENT was $2800. Without my signature and acceptance this had already been charged to credit card The following morning I went to Centre and enquired whether this was correct and were all the tests and medication necessary for just a viral illness. The Medical Officer assured that it was all correct. However, since returning to the UK, I have seen my own Doctor, who has confirmed that only one of the tests ( for Influnza),was relevant the other tests,medication and treatment were not really necessary. A week's course of antibiotic tablets would have been just a effective, So now I am not only disappointed with the cruise but also very angry that professional staff aboard a cruise vessel would take advantage of an elderly and vulnerable passenger to increase the ships coffers. Will we cruise NCL again????? What do you think!!!!

'Disappointing cruise'

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by claremont18

• Sail Date: October 2017
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Inside
My first ever review

Will we cruise NCL again????? What do you think!!!!
claremont18’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Inside
Cabin IF 9117
Very small compared with cabins on similar size cruise ships. Queen size bed almost filled the cabin. Approximately 12 inches on either side. Getting out of bed and trying to squeeze past fixed tables was like an obstacle course.
Bathroom small but functional. No bathroom cabinets for storing toiletries just a narrow shelf above the sink. Door opened outwards clashing with wardrobe doors.
T.V a joke showed the same films at the same time everyday for seven days. Too much ship and NCL advertising.
Kept very clean and tidy by our excellent steward
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins