Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review

Hurricane Ida

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by 4569

• Sail Date: Nov 2009
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

The new port at Ft. Lauderdale, the one built for the Oasis of the Seas is very nice and they are working hard to be ready for the new ship. Check in was very good, we got to the pier at 11:00 am and was onboard by 11:45. I was disappointed that we did not get our picture taken boarding as I have done with every cruise, there were no photographers there. The food was the worst I have ever had on a cruise, consistantly bad in the main dining room. 4 of our dining companions ordered the steak from the menu that is the same every night and not one of them had even eaten half the steak, all said it was bad. It seemed as though their seasoning was only garlic, in everything. Our waitress and assistant waitress had no personalities and we only say our head waitress when she took our orders until the second to last night (of course, it was the night before tipping).

Our cabin attendant was good and our cabin was well kept. We didn't use room service so I can't comment on that.

The shows, well, they were not the best I have seen and the costuming was not the Las Vegas style that I am accustomed to seeing. However, there was a gentleman singing from New York and a girl (singer) from Indiana that were fantastic. Their careers should go far. The comedian was on the first night and didn't do the "adult only" show until the last night at 11:30 and most people had to pack and get up early so who wants to do that. He was great on the first night and I would have enjoyed seeing him again but the choice of nights was not good.

The Piano bar was a lot of fun the first night but after that, the crowds were just not there. We stayed away from the Nightclub because they had a cigar smoking event there every night before it opened for dancing and I can't take cigar smell so I had to stay away. Very disappointed in that because we love to dance.

I would not be in a hurry to go back on that ship but did enjoy the itinerary. I don't think on my last 2 Royal Caribbean cruises that they are at the standards they used to be, very disappointed.

4569's Full Rating Summary

The wooden hangers banged a lot because of the rough seas which kept us awake at night. The drawer in the closet would not stay closed. The cabin seemed a little smaller than I felt others have been but we usually do not spend much time in them but with the bad weather we were there a lot.

Key West

The weather was not good, we saw a little sunshine in Key West. Key West times in port were not good. We were there from 7am-2pm. Most shops were not open until at least 10am. It would have been nice to be there longer to enjoy the port.

Cozumel

After Key West we had a lot of rain and streets were flooded in Cozumel and we had off and on rain so doing any beach activities or shopping was not happening. That was the start of Hurricane Ida. The seas were very rough when we left Cozumel and the winds picked up. Many passengers were ill from the motion, not the cruise lines fault. They were updating us on the storm and we got out of Cozumel about 5 hours before the storm hit there. The weather remained bad all day on our day at sea but the ship did their best to plan other activities to keep people busy.

4569