Emerald Sky Cruise Review

Surpassed my high expectations

Emerald Sky Cruise Review by happywanderer1957

• Sail Date: Oct 2017
  • Destination: Europe River

I was celebrating my 60th birthday and booked some 19 months in advance on a favourable deal which was subsequently upgraded to an All Inclusive package.. We were amazingly fortunate with the weather which was 10 degrees Centigrade over the seasonal average. Everyone both staff and guests were friendly and the occasion had a lovely positive feel about it. All on board were polite and the open dining allowed my wife and l to make new acquaintances each evening and form friendships. The food was generally of a good standard without being exceptional and I thought the buffet style warm breakfast could have been more varied.

The ship itself was of a high standard whilst our budget cabin was more than adequate.was celebrating my 60th birthday and booked some 19 months in advance on a favourable deal which was subsequently upgraded to an All Inclusive package.. We were amazingly fortunate with the weather which was 10 degrees Centigrade over the seasonal average. Everyone both staff and guests were friendly and the occasion had a lovely positive feel about it. All on board were polite and the open dining allowed my wife and l to make new acquaintances each evening and form friendships. The food was generally of a good standard without being exceptional and I thought the buffet style warm breakfast could have been more varied.

The on board entertainment was ok though I thought the disco playlist could have been more extensive.

The excursions were all entertaining with each and every guide remarkably knowledgeable. Of the cities we visited I liked Bratislava the best, Vienna was very busy and Budapest absolutely beautiful.

My only criticism would be around bar service - Emerald need to set a policy on queuing -either allow customers to form an orderly queue or insist on waiter service only as the haphazard mix n match policy left some guests feeling disgruntled at times.

Overall a wonderful experience terrific value for money and I would definitely cruise with Emerald again but not for a few years as I have now ticked that box.

happywanderer1957's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Stateroom 110

More than adequate for a budget cabin. No real view but unimportant.

happywanderer1957