Allure of the Seas Cruise Review

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by jjones.louis

• Sail Date: Oct 2017
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Interior Stateroom

First impressions, this SHIP IS AWESOME. I loved the updated interior and exterior of ship. The interior stateroom I stayed in was decent sized and included a safe; which I loved. Everything is very well kept and they make it easy to navigate this floating city. I enjoyed the different neighborhoods as it gave new flavors to different areas aboard. I'd say my favorite part was the various sports activities including basketball, and flow rider! The unlimited frozen yogurt was a huge plus. You'll enjoy the dining options, although the complimentary breakfast and lunches are a little repetitive as far as options (you'll eat A LOT of pizza and hot dogs), the dinner menu changes every night and there are a lot of options to choose from. On board entertainment is awesome and free. Other premium dining and souvenirs are available on the ship, but do cost quite a bit, so be ready to spend more money if you would like specialty drinks or items.

The Ports on this cruise were fantastic! Labadee and Cozumel were a paradise and I would recommend doing shore excursions there. We went to the mainland in Mexico and did the Xplor tour, which was worth every dollar spent! Jamaica is very interesting and if you go exploring in the actual city where the locals live, be ready to be hassled a bit. They will offer to escort you anywhere in the city for a price, be careful with this, and remember you can find most things on your own. I would recommend trying a jelly (coconut water) while there.

I loved the Royal Caribbean experience and you'll love the staff. They are so nice to you all the time and help make your trip truly feel like a vacation!

jjones.louis's Full Rating Summary

Large Interior Stateroom
Cabin M 9149

This was a small cabin, but did the job right. The layout of this particular stateroom had the bed in the back and couch in the front which gave the feeling of a more spacious cabin. It was very clean and well kept, and has a great shower. The safe located in the closet is a big plus to store all your valuables.

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

We didn't do any excursions here or spend much time. Just got on and off the boat. It was very hot and humid.

Snorkeling

This was an awesome experience. The crew was so friendly and helpful. They provided a selection of free or paid for drinks on the boat, and the punch was great. Turns out snorkeling the ocean is a huge workout! So be ready for that and salty water. I enjoyed this excursion very much.

View All 46 Snorkeling Reviews
Falmouth

The area right off the ship is very well kept and you can get some unique shopping done here. We ventured into the actual city of Falmouth though and that was very interesting. If you choose to do so, be ready to be haggled quite a bit by the locals and be ready to say no. They will offer to guide you through the city for a price, but what we found is that we could find what we were looking for quite easy. WE did meet a two guys here that bought me a jelly! I would recommend you to try one.

This PORT is AWESOME. By far my favorite place we docked. If you stay on the island of Cozumel there is plenty of scuba or snorkeling to be had, or you can take a ferry to the mainland like we did. Side note: if you take the ferry to the mainland, BRING SEA SICKNESS MEDICATION, the boat rocks a lot. We did the xplor all inclusive tour which was amazing. The zipline tour went high above the jungle and ended in a water landing in the beautiful caves that you later get to swim through. Very well guided and I loved the staff! HIGHLY RECOMMEND Cozumel.

View All undefined undefined Reviews