3. Norwegian Pearl
This was my 1st cruise ever. I received a voucher for an inside cabin from the casino where I am a rewards member. A friend recommended NCL so I decided to accept the offer. I paid additional to upgrade to a balcony cabin. I also purchased a soda package and three shore excursions through the cruise line. To begin with, the embarkation in NOLA was a complete mess. No one to assist you with questions, extremely long lines and wait time. Our check-in was between 12 & 12:30 PM. We finally got checked in and were able to board around 3:30 PM. Due to the extremely long wait to embark, I was unable to eat lunch. After boarding the ship I began to have a diabetic low. I went straight to the 24 hour O'Shea's to get something to eat but was told they would not serve me because the muster drill was about to start. I could not get any of the NCL staff to assist me in providing either juice, soda with sugar, or something with sugar or high carbs (such as candy or crackers) because the muster drill was starting. I asked at least 15 staff members to assist me and was told instead that I had to attend the muster drill. Finally, when I was shaking so bad that I had to sit down in the floor, one crew member realized what was happening and brought me a glass of orange juice to drink. Due to a medical condition I requested additional pillows and egg crate foam mattress cover for bed in cabin from special services in February after booking. Was assured that my request would be fulfilled. When we arrived at our cabin, there were no extra pillows or foam mattress cover. Went to Guest Services 3 times and asked for my request to be fulfilled. Nothing! We finally met our Cabin Steward and he was able to fulfill our request for the extra pillows, but we never received the foam mattress covers. I asked to speak with then Guest Services Manager to discuss the service issues and was told by the Guest Services desk rep that the manager was on the way to my cabin. The Manager never showed up to speak with me throughout the entire cruise. Service from the wait staff was terrible. Spent a lot of time either waiting on our food to be served, or trying to get a soda refill. Staff was more interested in selling you additional stuff than in providing you with what you had already purchased. In fact, service was so poor for the entire cruise that I requested that my prepaid gratuities be refunded. Dining was not a pleasant experience. Food was bland and unseasoned, either over cooked or under-cooked, and choices were limited. Bread was completely inedible. Had the consistency and taste of hard tack. Service was terrible. There were some tasteful deserts. Ship elevators were slow for the entire cruise. Ended up taking the stairs 90% of the time while on the cruise. Shore excursions were good and well worth the money spent. Enjoyed shopping in each of the scheduled ports. Entertainment in the Stardust Theater was also good. We enjoyed a variety of different shows. Over all, for a vacation that I planned and looked forward to for so long, the cruise left much to be desired. I will be cruising again, but definitely not on NCL. Nor will I recommend NCL to my friends and family.

1st Cruise Ever Left Much To Be Desired

TSki2102’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 9054
Clean but extremely small. Two small framed people will have difficulty moving around freely.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins