3. Regal Princess
I chose this crew to see New England and some of the fall colors. I used Princess EZair, and transport all went without any problems. Just make sure you keep your luggage ticket. They check at La Guardia so your bag doesn't get stolen. Embarkation was the worse experience ever. I was sent to the wrong line despite being Elite status. I waited 2.5 hours to get to the desk, not that it looked like the other line was moving any faster.. People began getting into the handicap line, just to get out of line and get on board. The woman working our line said "you people are not VIP, so you have to wait". Once on board, everything went well. My cabin was clean and ready. My room steward Ryan was always excellent. I liked that I could leave him a note, and he would have my request by the time I got back to the room. I traversed Newport on my own. The problem was with the Tenders. Not a lot of people wanted to go early, so they had us wait for more people to show up. After 45 minutes one person began to complain, so they finally took us ashore. Boston was great, I took the Freedom Trail tour and everything went well. Good tour, but if you want to shop or walk around take the early one. We barely had time to do anything on our own and get back to ship. Bar Harbor Maine, again a Tender. I took the bus tour up to Cadillac mountain. Basically they crammed 10 adults into a van (not including the driver and tour guide) It was not fun. Three adults on a van seat. I couldn't wear a seat belt without making the person next to me uncomfortable, and it was broken anyway. Our tour guide Charlie, was always rushing us. I liked what I saw, but I did not like the van or the tour guide. New Brunswick, just an okay place. I could have taken or leave this place. In Nova Scotia we had rain. Took the bus tour to Peggy's Cove. I would recommend taking a private tour, and not the ship one. Once you are at Peggy's' cove you are there with several other tour buses. There was at least 11 the day we were there. The tour guide will tell you that there are restrooms at Peggy's' cove, That is true, but the line is longer than the drive. My table mates had booked a private tour and had a lovely drive, stopped and visited Ivan and went to lunch and did some sightseeing. Due to the heavy rain, we did not leave the ship area once we were back. The staff was very good, the food is typical Princess food. The buffet is very good. Easy to traverse and lots of choices. Very seldom was the entire area so full you couldn't locate a seat. The ship is very large. My room was at the back of the ship and I would have to decide if I wanted to walk to the front to do anything. Its a long walk. Went to a show at the Princess Theater. I know this is a common complaint, but the seat saving has got to go. So many empty seats and they go unfilled because "they are saved" while people stand. I ended up giving my seat to an elderly person who was trying to stand and watch and falling over. Disembarking went well. Customs agents were fantastic. I used Princess transfer again. Louie our bus driver was fabulous. He gave us a narrated tour of New York on our drive back. My only complaint is that we didn't know that our bus was not allowed into the terminal at La Guardia due to construction. So we had to get off the Princess bus, and get on a bus at La Guardia hauling our own luggage into the next bus. Well all that luggage filled the bus so people couldn't board. The Purple bus line driver was awesome. He got me on the bus so I wouldn't miss my flight (Princess should have known this and got me off the ship earlier since I am using their air) The staff at La Guardia, was the best I have ever encountered.

Very nice, but very large

Regal Princess Cruise Review by carma7007

I chose this crew to see New England and some of the fall colors.

I used Princess EZair, and transport all went without any problems.

New Brunswick, just an okay place. I could have taken or leave this place.

Due to the heavy rain, we did not leave the ship area once we were back.

Disembarking went well. Customs agents were fantastic.

carma7007’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Deluxe Balcony
Cabin DF M721
My cabin was clean and spacious. Very little noise from the upper deck. Only issue was flys and other nasty bugs flew in at the New York Pier. I spent a lot of time trying to kill them. They seemed to hatch from the ceiling. This went away after I reported it the next day to my steward.
The televisions on board broke more than they worked.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins