Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by LITTLEBRAT

• Sail Date: Oct 2017
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Family Interior Stateroom

As a young single senior, I sailed by myself. Overall, it was a nice cruise with the following exceptions: I found most of the bar and general staff not to be very friendly or social. Also, while the Grande Restaurant was nice, the service was marginal and the food was not quite up to par as on my previous Royal cruises. The Windjammer was lacking in variety of food and most of the hot food was cold. It was difficult at times to find a table as they were not cleared off from the previous people. I did not attend any of the shows as I have seen them on previous cruises. If history repeats itself, they are usually outstanding and should not be missed. If you want a little more peace and quiet, visit the Solarium for sunbathing and relaxing. It is for adults and provides lots of lounge chairs, a very small dipping pool and hot tub. Unfortunately, the pool was drained for repairs several days before the end of the cruise.

As far as ports go, I love spending the day at Labadee. It includes a modest BBQ, water activities and zip line. I rented a small cabana with two lounge chairs for the day. I believe the price was in the mid $40 range for two and well worth it as the sun is intense.

While the ship is huge, I found it manageable to maneuver.

I like the late dining, however, it makes it difficult to plan your shows. Also, since dining is over so late, it made it difficult to find a seat in the more popular bars at times.

Overall, I think it is a great ship for families and couples.

There are tons of activities for the kids and teens. As a single female in my 60’s and traveling by myself, there really weren’t any specific activities geared towards me. However, I knew that would be the case, so I just wanted a week of relaxing and doing what I wanted to do and when I wanted to do it. I did have the opportunity to talk to many people and was seated at dinner with four other single ladies in the same age group.

A cruise, or any type of travel for that matter, is what you make of it. Don’t stress over the small things and just enjoy yourself!

LITTLEBRAT's Full Rating Summary

Family Interior Stateroom
Cabin FI 11139

This cabin is great for a larger family. It had bunk beds by the entry door, sleeper sofa and a king bed which can be split into two beds. The room also had lots of storage including two large wardrobe closets. The bathroom was small but clean and functional.

Normally I opt for a balcony room, but this was the only one I could get as I booked at the last minute. I would definitely book this cabin again.

LITTLEBRAT