3. Norwegian Dawn
We just completed the Boston to Bermuda cruise (10/20 - 10/27) on the NCL Dawn and I was never so happy to be home. Our cabin (8157) was located directly above the Bliss nightclub and when I tell you that music was so loud until 3am every night, I mean that we could identify song lyrics to every song they played. Our room shook from the bass. Even earplugs were no help because you could just feel the thumping. We complained nightly. Multiple times some nights. On day 3 I finally went down to the front desk at 1am in my pajamas to beg them to do something about it and I was told "ma'am, we have an organization to run, this is as low as we can turn it down, please stop calling us". Seriously?!?!? They had no other cabins to move us to so unfortunately we had to endure it nightly.....till 3am with 2 little kids. Hell, anyone?? To say that we were exhausted and it ruined our week was an understatement. The music poolside was another complaint. It was so loud that you couldn't have a conversation with each other. It's one thing to have background music poolside (which I enjoy) and it's another thing to have the DJ playing songs a a deafening level where you can't even speak to the person next to you without shouting. Not enjoyable. Buffet and main dining food was ok. Nothing spectacular but certainly worth the price of the cruise. I will say that the specialty restaurants were fantastic. Le Bistro and Cagney's were both wonderful. I would recommend you purchase a meal plan if you didn't opt for it as your free option. It boiled down to roughly $27 per person/per restaurant if you purchased a plan and it's easily double that if you pay a la cart. The entertainment was also ok but nothing super amazing. The magician was probably the best show. The improv team was fun. Watch your drink slips closely. We didn't do the drink package and paid for our drinks and noticed that many of them didn't give us slips with each purchase. We assumed it was just because so many people did the unlimited package that they got out of the habit of giving receipts. Until I looked on our iconcierge app and noticed we were charged $21 for one rum and coke. I went back to the bar and they said "oh, he must have ordered a double" and when my husband came over he quickly changed his tune and asked us what we wanted for free. Maybe it was an innocent mistake but his reaction lead us to believe he knew he was in the wrong. So keep an eye on the charges since they seem to be a little sneaky with them. Two BIG PROS of this ship: Kids club (spash Academy) is amazing. My kids loved it and would have spent every waking moment there. They actually cried the last day when they had to say goodbye to the staff. Also, I will say that the cruise director "Richard" was AWESOME! OMG he was so fun! My kids loved him and he remembered their names and would should out to them anytime we'd run into him on the ship. He was front and center at every party and celebration and seriously was the life of the party. Couldn't ask for a better cruise director.

I'm a Latitudes Gold member and I will never cruise NCL again.

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by BostonBlockhead

Ages 10 to 12
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Inside
Cabin ID 8157
DO NOT choose a cabin at the rear of the ship (especially decks 8 or 9) unless you can handle the sound of pounding dance music until 3am every night. They should seriously disclose this when you choose cabins because there were no other available cabins to move to during the cruise. It seriously ruined the week.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins