3. Viking Sun
We were on the maiden voyage of the Viking Sun from Venice Italy to Athens Greece. This ship is stunning and the staff very efficient. Can you believe the bathroom floors are heated or air conditioned - which ever you prefer? The curtains in the cabin open and close with a touch too. We had two cabins, 5082 and 5080 and both met our needs perfectly. Just a note - the beds have feather pillows which you can have switched out if you want. Unfortunately we had need for the services of the medical staff - thanks for their caring attention! We found the meals to be excellent and served quickly. The evening buffet had whatever was on the menu for The Restaurant. Less crowded. Reservations are needed for The Chef's Table. Mixed reviews on the fixed menu by the four of us. (I hated it) Reservations are also needed for Manfredi's. This is where we had our worst service and the food - just ok. Many lunches we at The Pool Grill - yum. I suggest buying the silver beverage plan. With meals you get upgraded wine and of course alcohol.Two in our party are Gluten Free and our needs were well taken care of. The machines in the laundry were free as well as the detergent. As for entertainment - we only saw a few but enjoyed what we saw. It was great that at the beginning of the cruise all the officers of the ship were introduced and they were even seen walking around during the week! Rare indeed. The cruise director was very hands on. My husband and I are in our late 50's and our children 28 and 25 were with us. Unfortunately we found the variety of the shore excursions to be poor and not "active" enough. I suggest finding noncruise ship excursions for some cities. My son and I took the excursion to Medjugorje.in Bosnia. Not enough time was given to this religious experience. Note - the other guests on the ship were NOT the oxygen, walker crowd. We were very busy enjoying our ports and didn't get much chance to use the pool, spa, gift shops etc. The Viking Sun has A LOT to offer. Note - we left out of Venice and ended up in Athens the beginning of Oct, and I expected the temps to be a little warmer. I highly recommend the Viking Sun for a lovely cruise. This is not your typical cruise where the horn blows when you leave port or there are constant announcements over the PA - it is very classy but not formal.

Impressive!

Viking Sun Cruise Review by Kristi B.

The machines in the laundry were free as well as the detergent.

Kristi B.’s Full Rating Summary