• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Norwegian Spirit Review

Editor Rating
38 Awards

After 13 NCL cruises, this may have been our last.

Review for Norwegian Spirit to the Southern Caribbean
TDSeest
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Oct 2009
Cabin:
Traveled with children

Executive Summary I've cruised with NCL 13 times, and I may not go back. I base this on these observations, which will be detailed in later sections of this review: 1) Quality of service is much worse than when I started cruising with NCL in 2003. 2) Nickel and diming by NCL has gone to an all time high. 3) As the customer, I am always wrong. 4) You are free to, wait wherever, for whatever. As a past cheerleader for NCL, I recommended that many of my family, social and business contacts travel with NCL. I can't do this anymore.

If you want to tell me I am wrong, or want to live in the bubble where nothing is wrong, then read no further. You won't like what you read.

Overview For this cruise, I traveled with my Mom and Dad, my wife, and my four boys. All of us, with the exception of my mom, have cruised before with NCL. We chose this itinerary after having a positive experience on the NCL Spirit repo from New York to New Orleans last fall. We enjoy long cruises, with a good mix of sea days and port days.

Find a Norwegian Spirit Cruise from $566