• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Oct 2009
Cabin: Ocean View
Traveled with children

First, let me start with the good. The ship is beautiful and the rooms are as nice as any I've sailed. The room steward was excellent. Everything was cleaned and put where it should be and when it should be. When we boarded the Carnival Glory, I was proud that I had recommended this ship to the two other couples who were traveling with me.

The ports on this cruise were interesting enough with Cozumel being the most accessible and having the most interesting excursions.

As I said, the boat was gorgeous, but ... whatever possessed a group of people to travel between lounges, casinos, buffets, shows, bars, etc. in their bath robes?!?! Cruise ships are suppose to be fun, but there is also a level of elegance associated with cruising. This behavior was just plain crude and offensive to other travelers. It appears to me that Carnival should have enforced a more appropriate dress code in these areas of the ship.

Ocean View

Cabin 6B

Very spacious and nicely decorated room. My exterior room had a large window and a good view of the ocean. The bathroom was spacious compared to many ships. My room was over the crew space, so there was a lot of noise during all hours of the day and night. Something below deck was hot and kept the floor of my room much too warm. The air condition couldn't keep up with the heat, so I resolved to sleep in my shorts in order to be comfortable.

Port Reviews

Cozumel

For those who want excursions there are lots of interesting destinations. A very nice display of well preserved Mayan ruins can be experienced at Tulum. If you like to shop, there are numerous stores available. Unfortunately, Carnival was docked in an area where a taxi was required to get into the town. It appears that the new buildings which were available for shopping close to the pier might have been associated with Carnival. You certainly don't get a feel for the town or the people unless you venture away from the docks.

Belize City

I went on the least expensive snorkling trip in Belize. Good thing I did, because all of the snorkling adventures were put in a bull pen and everyone got the same tour. The waters where we snorkled were some of the least interesting I've experienced.

Costa Maya

Costa Maya was so isolated from the town, and the pier was so long that, I decided to keep my 20 month old granddaughter and stay onboard to enjoy the day; however, my daughter and her husband did the jeep tour and had a ball. Part of the tour included lunch where they were told they were having chicken burritos. When the burritos were served, they were filled with potatoes. Still, it was a fun, fast paced, exciting day for them.

previous reviewnext review