3. Navigator of the Seas
We chose this cruise after sampling a PandO cruise in May. we liked that so much that we wanted to go again soon - having a small child meant that we have to stick to school holidays and this cruise was the only one available. Even though it was October we thought there would be enough to do on board to make it enjoyable. How wrong we were. There was hardly anything to do away from the elements which did not cost large amounts of money. The cabin - compared to P and O - was shabby- a stained, tatty settee, scuffed furniture, lots of dust under the bed, tatty shower room. the rooms were not sound proofed sufficiently and there were constant tannoys encouraging you to come along and spend yet more money! compared to P and O we could not believe the cost of things on board - I do not mind spending money but I object to being fleeced. The restaurants: the main dining room was poor - luke warm food with little taste. The "cafeteria" was little better - and it was nearly impossible to find a table regardless of when you turned up. finally I became seriously ill with food poisoning on the second night and I am still suffering now - despite several staff being aware of this no one followed up on how I was.

Shabby ship, extremely expensive