• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Carnival Glory Review

Editor Rating
4 Awards

Not as good as other Carnival cruises

Review for Carnival Glory to the Western Caribbean
goldfinger
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2009
Cabin: Ocean View

Have been on about five other Carnival cruises and this one ranks on the bottom. First the way the ship Red Sail Restaurant looked was old looking and dark not like the Liberty or Valor. Some cakes and deserts seemed old like left over from the cruise before, rest of food was good, but I hate chicken turkey so I ate a lot of sandwiches from the Deli. Lunch and dinner I would eat a salad and bake potato and salad. Could have been more selections on meat items. Other cruise the late party on the Lido deck was a party everyone dancing ,band or music playing and a lot of party things going on and a lot of fun . I took a nap so I would be up for the Lido deck party, on Liberty and Valor they was a blast cruise director and everyone up there having fun. The next day you would hear everyone talking was you up on the Lido deck last night it was great!!!. Well after taking my nap and going to the Lido deck on the Glory we went through the buffet line and got some Mexican food and then off to bed no party no music. Other cruises a lot of music like Caribean music playing around the pool. One day on the Glory they had some teenagers playing some loud music with a electric guitar sound more like Rock. Where was the Jimmy Buffet songs . Going around the ship they would be singers singing Latin songs. I am 63 and I felt like 93 by the music on this cruise, I like lively music and I like the Five a clock somewhere music . Food over all was good burgers and fries and the Ice cream was great. Pizza on Carnival is terrible compared to Princess and Royal Carribean, you have to stand in line to get their pizza, on Carnival you have to ring a bell to get someone to come. On this cruise I ate two piecies of pizza on my princess cruise to Alaska about four slices a day, and people in line waiting to get the pizza. But Carnival has good prices on their cruises and I can eat other things than pizza. Cozumel was great and Belize was good if you had a tour booked and for shopping my wife was ready to go back on ship after 15 minutes,other than the ships diamond places and place had no shopping. I have enjoyed and liked Carnival cruises before this one the live music and the late night party on the Lido deck, will book another cruise on Carnival and hope its nothing like the Glory. Went to the comedy show and he was awful no one laughed around our table, he the comedian kelp asking is everyone asleep. Yes the cruise over all was good, never been on a bad cruise yet but this one ranks as the most disappointing.

Ocean View

Cabin 6B

Cabin was great the oceanview was worth the extra money. We always got a inner cabin, but enjoyed the view from our window in the oceanview. Before we new the name of our cabin stewert and saw him at least three times a day this cruise, we never did get to know our cabin stewert. But the room was great

Port Reviews

Cozumel

Never had to go into town we shopped right off the ship. Before you had to get a Taxi into town to do your shopping, we never like the town, beach was okay there but we preferred to do our shopping at the shops where the shipped docked. My wife was planning to stay on the ship, but when she found out about the shops and she would not have to go into town she got off the ship and she enjoyed the shopping.

Belize City

If you book a tour then get off the ship. I book a cave tubing tour Carnival does not offer this tour. Its safe but you do have to walk about 40 minutes through the jungle and see a lot of interesting things. The tour through the jungle was worth the money and the cave tubing was great. Because of the walking no kids under age 9 or older people that cannot walk fast. I am 63 and no problem for me I am in good health and walk a lot around home. Shopping is a waste of time here, nore on the ship to buy than in Belize . My wife loves to shop and in 10 minutes she was on her way back to the ship.

Costa Maya

Good shopping and very clean and a nice place to spend a few hours shopping and eating. They have a giant bar sitting in the shopping area with water surrounding it the water is so blue and people are swimming and having fun you can swin up to the bar and order a drink. So take your swimming wear and towel and enjoy shopping and then go to the bar pool. You will enjoy Costa Mayo everyone loves shopping for their favorite shirt or hat, and then enjoy the pool bar. Its Great!!

previous reviewnext review