Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review
1,259 Reviews

Good cruise but could have been better

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by RhondaPerr

• Sail Date: Sep 2017
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand

We flew from Newark NJ to Honolulu on United. We were in First Class and had the lie down flat seats. They were the most comfortable seats I have ever experienced! Crew was really nice!

Speedi Shuttle not a good company. They are rude, disorganized.

Hawaiian Hilton Village. We loved this hotel, and returned for our post cruise! Perfect location... but be prepared for high prices!

Newly retired and could travel this time of year! This was my 37 th cruise, and multiple cruises on Royal Caribbean. I saw a lot of negative reviews before and after I had booked this cruise... and just like all the other reviews on every ship I have ever sailed on, I used the negative as a heads up, but not a deal breaker! The facts! Embarkation in Honolulu was one of the worst we have ever experienced! The good news was, once we got on board after the long wait (Suite line) the cabins were open.

Our cabin was a JR Suite on the 10th deck, midship, perfect location! There was more than enough storage for our 18 day cruise.. except the suitcases did not fit under the bed! There was a coffee maker and Kettle.. and the cabin was a great size! Loved finding a padded lounge chair on our balcony! Walk in closet... bathroom shower/tub..

The cabin was spotless, and the bed was comfortable! We had a great cabin Steward!

The ship... it has definitely aged better in some places than others.. It was clean though, and although there were no real bells and whistles like the other classes, we didn’t miss it that much! The only real downfall was the cabin tv.. one of the worst programming we have ever seen... a big complaint on the ship!

We are Diamond, and took advantage of the lounge which had a continental breakfast, small sandwiches at lunch, and cocktail food and drinks before dinner. The lounge was a little small, but in the evening they opened the doors to a connecting lounge. We enjoyed the special lunch and other events they had for Diamond level!

The food.. these are my facts keep in mind there are always different interpretations when it comes to this category! The Wind Jammer was the worst we have ever experienced! The choices were much more limited, the pizza tasted like the worst version of a frozen pizza, and the cold cuts barely changed every day! The lay out was screwy, and did not flow well. For example to find tomato and onion for my salad, I had to go to the hamburger line.. The food was not very good! This is the first time we have ever had this complaint!

Lunch in the dining room was good, and loved the salad bar, but even that needed more choices.

Dinner was hit or miss! There were menus that no one at our table enjoyed, and more often than not people ordered steak instead. Filet Mignon was never an option unless you paid for it.. The king Crab was not King Crab, it was Stone Crab.. Our waiter was terrific, our head waiter not so much! There were two of us that needed to order the night before because of food allergies, and the head waiter made us feel like we were a bother! He did nothing to give us more choices, and made everything a big deal! On my last RCCL cruise the head waiter was amazing and I never had to eat the same thing twice! The lunch head waiter on this cruise was fantastic!

I liked The Park at the Solarium Pool for salads, and my husband liked the Dog House the few times they had Bratworst. We did not go to any of the Speciality restaraunts but people were raving about Giovannis.

Room service: We only got Continental breakfast, never had the breakfast or other food you have to pay for. It was on time, and fine..

Many days at sea, but I was never bored. I did not go to the pool at all, but could see lounges when we walked through. The Solarium was packed all the time! The poor life guards even in the worst weather had to stand out there, even with no one in the pool.. It was inhumane sometimes!

The shows were good, the production shows ok, except the new Tango show which was amazing. We didn’t get some of the humor, since almost all the shows were Australian performers. (There were 1800 Aussies) on the ship. There were some good lectures, and some demonstrations. I did the cupcake decorating which was fun! There was a four year old whose cupcake came out better than mine lol

The photographers were out each and every night, but they were not that intrusive... I didn’t find the hard sells that annoying on the sailing.. There was not as much junk in our door..

Internet... Voom, spotty, frustrating, unreliable!

CD... not my cup of tea, but I am not going to do a character assasination. Let’s just say I have had 36 better ones!

Cruise Activity Staff very nice and fun to be around!

Crew on ship.. The only rude person we encountered on the whole ship was at the Excursion Desk.. the crew was over the top friendly, and helpful!

We would do this cruise again! Even with a crazy amount of sea days!

RhondaPerr's Full Rating Summary

Fantastic Experience. Our guide Sy was wonderful. We got to stop at many spots!

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Snorkeling

We had a good time Snorkeling, and saw many fish. The current was a little strong, and the water a little colder than I expected.

View All 13 Snorkeling Reviews
Island Tour

Poured down rain, but bus was comfortable and we got to see Island highlights.

View All 20 Island Tour Reviews

No indication that it would be a small speed boat... The driver was a kid who took great pleasure in trying to scare us, walking away from the wheel, slapping the waves.. seriously worried about falling overboard... Snorkel Spots one too rough, and one no fish, but sea urchins.. no bathroom access! Didn’t give us enough time to take pictures..

View All undefined undefined Reviews
City Tour

Good way to see Wellington. Museum was interesting.

View All 33 City Tour Reviews