Disney Magic Cruise Review

Disney Magic Cruise Review by darnheather

• Sail Date: Oct 2017
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Standard Inside Stateroom

This was my second time on the Disney Magic with my two daughters 16 and 11. I love these cruises as it gives me time to myself and time for us together. My girls are adventurous eaters and had a lot of fun trying new things. I have a big sweet tooth that I don't indulge at home and every dessert was on the mark.

We had an inside cabin which is nice because it's very quiet and will get very dark allowing for a great sleep. Our stateroom hostess was sweet and hard working. In and out quickly but with the room looking spotless.

The only thing we didn't like about this particular itinerary was our day at Disney World. The three of us agree we just aren't amusement park people and much prefer the calmness of the ship.

I have a place holder booked and am hoping to cruise the EBTA in 2019 if not something sooner.

My 16 year old was hardly out of the Vibe. She particularly liked the Castaway Cay teen excursion where she went bike riding, snorkeling, and on a speed boat. My 11 year old was happy with the Edge but also happy to chill out on the deck or in the room.

I did several new things this trip including the Castaway Cay 5k (my very first!), attended two sessions of Anyone Can Cook, and played a round of free bingo. Swam lots in the adult pool, used the walking track on deck 4, and walked on the treadmill in the gym like last time.

darnheather's Full Rating Summary

Standard Inside Stateroom
Cabin 11B 6645

Love the quiet of an inside cabin. Not too far from the midship stairs which I used all the time.

darnheather