3. MSC Orchestra
Embarking was not a big deal. And the crew (for the most part) are very nice. Notice I didn't say 'helpful'.... just nice. It IS like a ferry experience with so many people getting on and off the ship. Didn't really bother me - unless they were rude! Which so many of the people were. I think the fact that I am American, may have a little to do with how I viewed my cruise experience. I have never encountered so many rude, pushy and mannerless people in all my life! I know this is not the cruise lines fault. But it really did affect my voyage! The food in the buffet was so-so, very unorganized, crowded and often times the food trays to chose from were empty. The dining room was also so-so... not enough options for most people. I like most anything but my travelling companions had a difficult time with the menus. Our waiter was very gracious and quick. The head waiter, Valentien was excellent! Very professional and yet ready to help with whatever was needed. I believe he has moved on to greener pastures... good for him! The wine selection was sub par and expensive. I found a few bottles that didn't stink. But I would never drink the wines that were offered in the dining room. Always bought from the list. Our cabin steward was pretty good. Came in a couple of times to find clever shapes done w/ our PJ's. I think that when you spend this type of money on your vacation - you should feel spoiled. I definitely did not. Fortunate to be able to take such a vacation, but not spoiled. MSC needs to bump up the game! There are many cruises to chose from and they need to step it up so that people want to chose theirs. Their people work SO hard!! 11+ hours a day, 7 days a week! that is so unfair. I saw the same wait staff at all 3 meals sometimes. As well as in the clubs later on! Good bye MSC... I'll stick to Princess where that is exactly what they treat you like- ROYALTY!

If you like rudeness - you'll love this cruise!

MSC Orchestra Cruise Review by ShirleyFliss