3. Carnival Pride
We chose this cruise because we knew several people who had gone on it. First of all dealing with Carnival is a nightmare they can be so rude totally unhelpful. We wanted a cabin above the 3rd deck because of a horrible experience on a lower deck on Royal Caribbean. We ended up on the 1st deck no choice. Embarkation was a nightmare(not their fault). The ship was late arriving because of fog. We were stuck on the ramp from 95 to the port for 2 hours. Once we got in to the ship it went great. They put a lot of extra pressure on people with their check in on line. This only gave you a time from 3:00 to 3:30 to check in. They also said that they would quit taking baggage at 2:00pm. We were still on the ramp at 2:00pm. They did not stop taking baggage. Never had my bags been delivered so quickly before, The ship is a small ship originally built for another cruise line. We kept saying that the ship looked so much like a Costa ship. One of the administrative crew said that yes it had been built in Norway for another cruise line hence the Costa ambiance. Our cabin was incredibly small. You couldn't walk between the beds straight, only side stepping. However, there was more closet space and hangers than I have ever seen before. We each had 1 closet and a closet with shelves and 4 drawers an another set of shelves. However there were several areas that have to be mentioned. To cut costs there are no servers in the bars. You have to navigate to your table with your drink. No nibbles either. The internet that we and many others paid $70.00+ dollars for did not work all week. They said that they would refund the cost of the internet. There were strong winds everyday 35-54 miles an hour according to the ship weather page. This only a problem because the retractable cover to the pool didn't work, so only the hardiest went out there. Dining was great. We asked for and had a large table for dinner. It was all women as the nights went by we had more and more fun. The menu was varied. Every meal that I had was great.I am a picky eater but I do try to experiment with new things on the cruise. I loved being able to have a cheese or fruit plate for dessert. The entertainment was a bit dodgy. The two comedians at the start of the cruise were very funny in the family comedy show. The later show was all 4 letter words and sex. Neither of which I find funny. The singers and dancers were good. There were lots of things to do, but no real classes except the ones that try to sell you a service. The stewards and staff were terrific. Our steward even loaned me a phone charger to use for the cruise. Service at the bars was none existent. There were no servers. You had to go to the bar order and carry the drinks back yourself. What can you say about Bermuda. It was wonderful, even in the rain. We booked an independent tour, Byways Tours. Fantastic tour the ship did not have anything to compare,

Rain Rain it never went away 7 days of wind and rain

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Phyllis661

• Sail Date: October 2017
  • Destination: Bermuda

Phyllis661’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Very small didn't want this level. We booked 3 months out requested a higher deck and still ended up in steerage.
  Carnival Pride Deck Plans